Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,018   Online: 670

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

hate you guys... and APUG...

Honestly, I do.

Been visiting this site and started to get a film itch to scratch.

Got a Leica MP sitting on a shelf that rarely sees some use since my M8 sees the light of the day more often.

Now I got another digital camera but because of visiting APUG so often, I started to get nostalgic.

And I go trekking ( on Holidays now ) with my MP and the other digital camera stays at home.

Just couple of film rolls on my pocket and off I go.

And I dont shoot film for ages to be honest, but its an immense pleasure the little details of film : watching exposure more carefully, paying much more attention to the framing and cocking the film.

My only conscience problem is that the "other" digital camera is a 6.000 euros Leica M9...

So I really hate you guys. But having so much fun

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by proenca View Post
    my only conscience problem is that the "other" digital camera is a 6.000 euros Leica M9...
    Just think what you could have bought instead.... I had this thought not long after I bought a Nikon D100 for £1300 in 2003. It never gets used now but my selection of around thirty film cameras does.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    LOL, sort of the same happened to me :-)

--
    http://monochrome.me.uk/blog/

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by proenca View Post

... And I don't shoot film for ages to be honest, but its an immense pleasure
    Well, there you have it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in the same boat, but with two MPs, a Bronica RF645 and a Bessa III (no, no, no - I'm not getting out all the old cameras as well; that way lies madness!) to keep happy before the M9 gets any attention. But I have found a solution - use an Elmarit 24 on the M9 for colour landscapes. More detail than I can get with 6x7 negs in a Coolscan 9000. Best of both worlds!

Chris

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    M6 and a Minolta FlashmeterIII and TX = Pure Joy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just wait until you have been here a while and you get GAS [Gadget Acquisition Syndrome] and start buy more camera bodies and lenses.

No, you cannot stop there ...

you move to doing darkroom work ...

then you dabble in MF ...

but you can't just dabble in MF, you have to have Zeiss lenses for MF because you like them on your Leicas so you start buying Hasselblads ...

then you want to just "try a little 4x5",

you get a LF field camera ...

You poor, poor soul, you do not know what you have gotten yourself into ... and all be cause you were temped since "Nothing beats a good piece of glass!"

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    GAS is bad, but, the worst was I found a Durst 4x5 for a bargain, then colour chems, paper, more chems, more paper....... Frames to hang the prints in...........Aaaauuugggghhhhhh. Thanks to everyone.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    At least the M9 still sells for a good price if you decide you're done with it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi there!!! im from the Philippines. from the beggining im using 35mm yashica rangefinder i loved it....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin