Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,571   Online: 1189

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Which Leica M?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I'm not familiar with Leicas; can someone explain to me how you reload them, and why it's different than Japanese SLRs? I'm trying to imagine any other loading scheme and having a hard time understanding how it could be that different.
    These videos demonstrate pretty well:

M2/3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyJf1xbFTrk

M4 and on...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNhaOFiXBQ

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an M3 and an M6. The M3 is ideal for 90mm and usable for 135mm. The 35 goggles are a nuisance on the M3 so the 35 Summicron will probably go.. I use the M6 with a Voigtlander Skopar 2.5/35. I think that the M6 is more suitable for 28-50mm. The M6 framelines a a bit too small for the longer lenses, in my opinion. It all depends upon which lenses are more important to the photographer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksond View Post
    I have an M3 and an M6. The M3 is ideal for 90mm and usable for 135mm. The 35 goggles are a nuisance on the M3 so the 35 Summicron will probably go.. I use the M6 with a Voigtlander Skopar 2.5/35. I think that the M6 is more suitable for 28-50mm. The M6 framelines a a bit too small for the longer lenses, in my opinion. It all depends upon which lenses are more important to the photographer.
    I love my M2, the 35mm frameline is wonderful. Now to get a better 35mm lens, at present I'm using a Summaron. Not bacd, but not a Summicron.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    M3 and you have to go to paris and nyc too.
    okee, i almost bailed out of this thread, but this one made me hit the button

got M3, been to paris, been to the apple. leaving for paris again in a couple of weeks. with my F2. and another F2. and no M3. "flimsy" stays home

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    I love my M2, the 35mm frameline is wonderful. Now to get a better 35mm lens, at present I'm using a Summaron. Not bacd, but not a Summicron.
    Hi

A pristine f/2.8 is better than any of the crons except the Asph, and I'd not bother with the Asph unless you need the f/2 frequently...

Of course if you like boketh and flare... YMMV

Noel

Shooter
    35mm
    Only 1? While I used to have a pair, sent bubba off to a new home, one is enough to keep me grinning and my over abundance of lenses vying for attention.
    One Leica you ask? Easy.
    Number 5
    Number 5
    Number 5
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the East Texas Rain forest. Apprentice Analog Activist.
    ... And to paraphrase Yoda, there is no how, only do.
    Vaughn
    My Photos Online

Shooter
    35mm RF
    CLA'd M3 .. best Leica body ever! (if you prefer 50mm)

when you prefer 35mm lens, M4 is a classic.. cheaper would fit as M4P

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't have any Leica, but if I were to get one it would the M6, good combo of modernity and price. If money were no object, then it would be an MP. I shoot slide film a bit, so a good meter is critical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tomasis View Post
    CLA'd M3 .. best Leica body ever! (if you prefer 50mm)

when you prefer 35mm lens, M4 is a classic.. cheaper would fit as M4P
    I have an M2. The 35mm frame lines made me choose this camera over the M3. I finally decided on a CV Nokton 35/1.4. It may not be a Summicron, or a Summilux, but I'm sure liking this lens.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    I have an M2. The 35mm frame lines made me choose this camera over the M3. I finally decided on a CV Nokton 35/1.4. It may not be a Summicron, or a Summilux, but I'm sure liking this lens.
    like I said, m3 for them who prefer 50mm, m4 and m2 for them who prefer 35mm

enjoy of your camera

myself, I use Summicron a lot. Fantastic lens!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin