Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,055   Posts: 1,561,343   Online: 1091

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Which Leica M?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
    Has the OP purchased an M camera yet?
    Why the one year delay between Posts?-Dick
    This is life.
    And about my question?

J

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    pluto - when you wear glasses your eyeball isn't as close to the viewfinder. The .58x viewfinder has a lot of space around the framelines, more space around the 28 and the 35mm framelines (the frameline box is essentially smaller) so those with glasses can actually see the frameline. When you have glasses and say the .85x viewfinder, the 28 isn't there and the 35mm is much closer to the edge, with glasses, you wouldn't be able to see the 35mm frameline at all.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, segedi.
    Finally I think to get over this first step.
    There are so many questions......but I'm satisfy for today.

Joseph

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have the M2, M3 DS and SS, M4, M4P, M6, and M6TTL. Overall, the best all around is the M4. The quality of materials and parts in the M4 is better than the later cameras. Compared to the earlier cameras, it is has 35mm frame lines, and it doesn't require a film take up spool. I have played with an MP, but it isn't as well made as the M4 and earlier cameras, while costing several times as much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sangetsu View Post
    I have the M2, M3 DS and SS, M4, M4P, M6, and M6TTL. Overall, the best all around is the M4. The quality of materials and parts in the M4 is better than the later cameras. Compared to the earlier cameras, it is has 35mm frame lines, and it doesn't require a film take up spool. I have played with an MP, but it isn't as well made as the M4 and earlier cameras, while costing several times as much.
    So the M4 has frame lines for 35, 50, & 90?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    M5... cheap and wierd.
    I loved my CL cept the shutter dragged at lower temps... sickening results.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leica M5 the Bad Boy or least loved Leica great viewfinder and just the right size for my hands.

Dominik

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by sangetsu View Post
    I have personal fetish for the knob rewind of the M2, and have had the good fortune to get 2 of them that have the QuickLoad spool kit. That is my absolute favorite setup. If all of the M2s in the world went away, M4 would be the next logical choice. I agree that all later cameras lost something. The RFs aren't as snappy and the tulip spool is trickier than the Quickload.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I too like the M5 but one needs to realize that it is as far from the original Leica concept as any model it can get as it is huge by Leica standards. They must be finding a following as the prices on them are rising somewhat faster than others from what I've noticed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    So the M4 has frame lines for 35, 50, & 90?
    -Better late than never, so here goes - yes, it has (35/135), 50 and 90mm framelines. If they'd used the same layout as on the M2 (And done away with the 135mm framelines), there wouldn't be anything left to improve on the M4, IMHO.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin