Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,459   Posts: 1,643,872   Online: 1024

Shooter
    35mm

Konica Auto S2 EL

Hi all,
    I just noticed a listing on that popular internet auction site for a Konica Auto S2 EL. It was NOS in the box for a couple hundred bucks starting bid, which takes it right out of consideration for me. Does anybody know what the EL means? I've never come across that before.
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    From this one Japanese site (autotranslated ), I'd guess the EL was Konica's answer to Canon's QL quick loading system, i.e. some sort of film load assist. (Easy Load?)

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks maderik. EL = Easy Load sounds logical. I'd like to see how it works. Tough to improve on the ol' Auto S2!

I remember that site you linked now that you reminded me of it - I think I followed a link from Photoethnography to get there a long time ago. Lots of cool pictures of the innards of rangefinders. That was where I discovered the trick of getting the top cover off of a Hi Matic F. The Google translation can be pretty funny - I recall reading about a lens that had crabs...

Best,

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin