Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,094   Online: 923

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Yashica Electro 35 GS also, an excellent camera!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Finding the right battery will be fun!

I also have a Yashica Electro GSN (inherited from my father-in-Law). (Unfortunately, he didn't leave any useable batteries for it.)

Finding a battery for it was another thing entirely, as it is designed to use a -now discontinued- large, Mercury, 5.6v, compound battery.

Howerver, luckily all was not lost , because Yashica cleverly designed the electronics of the GSN so that it is capable of working over a (small) range of voltages, rather than an exact, specific voltage.

So, if you can find a batttery speciality shop (here in Oz, we have the "Battery World" and the "Battery Bar"), they will either have in stock or be able to get for you one of the following (not exactly cheap).

What you will be able to use is:

The Exell Photo 6v alkaline A32PX

Or the Duracell PX32A

While neither delivers the exact voltage of the original Mercury battery, I have used the first of these with complete satisfaction. They fit the battery compartment exactly and work perfectly.

BTW (except for closer than aboout 2 to 3 meters), I generally use my RFs (several) in hyperfocal distance mode. That way it doesn't matter whether the rangefinder works or not and (with a small aperture) almost everything is in focus.

Also, check out this link:

http://forum.mflenses.com/yashica-el...ns-t30498.html
    Last edited by Galah; 08-19-2010 at 03:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Enjoy!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the tips. I will try to get a working battery first and take it from there.

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin