Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,798   Online: 773

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The oddball camera with a great, large viewfinder is Retina IIS.
    Or even the IIIs, which gets you interchangeable lenses. I have one, and apart from being heavy its a really great camera. Bit quirky. Mine is actually in NZ at the mo being CLAd by Chris Sherlock after the "string" broke.

Check it out http://www.cameraquest.com/ret3s.htm

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Canonet 1.7 GIII
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For sheer viewfinder visibility, it is hard to beat the bright-line finders on Voigtlander Vitomatic cameras from the 1950s and early 1960s. Some models had rangefinders and meters. I have a scale focus model with a meter that is still quite accurate. The cameras are pretty heavy for their size, partly because the viewfinder design incorporates a big chunk of glass. The Color Skopar lenses are great.

6x9

Shooter
    35mm
    I vote Zeiss Ikon. It is probably the best modern 35mm RF out there for cost and features.
    Larger then life viewfinder. Perfect frameline choices. Slim. AE. And great loading style (I always get 38 or 39 shots on my rolls)
    I have changed my password and changed my email to a random email. This is forum seppuku. Good bye!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Every fixed lens rangefinder from the 60s and 70s I've tried has had a significantly larger finder than the one on the Leica iiic. Most have been on a relatively similar band when it comes to size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My vote for Vitomatic! Whole frame can be easily seen even with glasses on. And very cheap. I take better pictures with it than with my Pentaxes.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Minolta Hi-Matic 7s get's my vote. Great VF, super sharp lens and you can go manual or AE.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm
    I concur about autofocus. I bought a nicely cla'd Olympus 35 SP for like $170 and only about 1/3 of my shots were in focus. I just couldn't see good enough even though the viewfinder had been cleaned and it's plenty bright. Maybe I just need more practice.

I picked up a Canon Sure Shot Tele for $3 at a thrift store and it makes nice pictures that are in focus. It's got a nice 40mm 2.8 lens on it that turns into a 70mm 4.9 lens with a toggle switch. It's noisy and plasticky and not near as nice to hold and shoot with as the Oly, but I get some nice pictures from it.
    Steve Long

my blog: http://wayofuncertainty.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Konica Hexar AF is pretty cheap, and the fixed 35mm f/2 lens challenges the summicron for a fraction of the price. It's also got a large and bright viewfinder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin