Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,982   Online: 811

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I like the images produced by the J-8, but I don't like how easy it is to knock the aperture awry. The aperture ring has no detents. I suggest an Industar-61, which has aperture detents.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for the input! I never knew about industar-61, i will look into it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I concur with everyone else. Do not sell that Canon 35mm/1.8. There are not many of them left in good condition and people are just beginning to realize what a beautiful performer it is. Your photo is a typical example of the 35mm/1.8 (or 2.0) character. Really an exceptional little lens.

Jupiter-8 or Industar-61 are nice 50mm lenses for your Canon P - but don't expect stellar performance wide open and close. The focus is *probably* off a little if the lens have not been shimmed. This is because FSU lenses are made according to the Contax LTM standard, not Leica standard. Expect to pay something like $50 for a nice Jupiter-8. Add $100 and you can get the Canon 50mm/1.8 which is my favourite lens with Canon P.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I concur about keeping the Canon 35/1.8. I just used one on a IVSB on a trip to Europe, and am amazed at the sharpness.

rightclick, view image, to see larger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin