Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,447   Online: 926

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Canon P and Jupiter 8 or 3?

Hello everyone, new to this forum! I've got a Canon P paired with a Canon 35mm 1.8 LTM which is a great setup, but the 35mm frame lines on the canon P are very hard to see especially when im shooting with glasses. Im thinking of selling the 35mm and getting a Jupiter 8 or 3 to make use of the 50mm framelines. Does anyone shoot with one of these lenses on their P? How do you like it?

Here is a picture of my Canon P with the 35mm 1.8 and a sample photo as an intro to the forums!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never sell that Canon lens, that is a serious sin you will pay for, for the rest of your life!

Besides a JUpiter is so durn cheap, you can easily afford to keep both, just forego a pint or 3 on the pub and you're all set!

I have a Canon P also, and your post inspired me to bring it out, to support the Canonet f:1,9 i loaded today.... (I have Leitz lenses to support it, another deadly sin if sold.....)
    Last edited by Removed Account2; 08-19-2010 at 03:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Erik. Keep the Canon P and buy the Jupiter. BTW welcome to APUG!

Jeff

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could there be a means to make those framing lines more visible?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sell the Canon to me, cheap, and use the money for Jupiter.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a P a few years ago, and the 35mm lines were hard to see without glasses. But the P is a wonderful camera and worth the trouble.

Is it just me, or is the second picture very typical of 1950s/60s Canon LTM lenses? Very saturated colors, yet a slightly retro look.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the welcome! Yes the 35mm frame lines make my eye have to do a panoramic type move from left to right! I will probably just pick up a Jupiter 8 on the cheap and give it a try. I'm still getting used to getting the right exposure with the P without a light meter which can be hit or miss at times, but i do love the look that the 35mm gives me. I really need to try and shoot some B&W through it as i've read the 35mm 1.8 yields great results with B&W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where are you located, delac027? That shot could be L.A.

Is the shutter curtain wrinkled at all?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    close, im actually in SD...yes there's a little bit of wrinkle in the shutter curtain, id be lucky if there wasn't!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by delac027 View Post
    close, im actually in SD...yes there's a little bit of wrinkle in the shutter curtain, id be lucky if there wasn't!
    You call South Dakota close to LA? I spent a lot of time in 'Dego when I was in the Navy and took a lot of great pics of the area but alas they are all gone.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin