Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,886   Online: 1042

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Resurrecting the VF101

I sure missed this little guy. Takes razor sharp pics..

Has been in storage for ages and now with my bad back issues it's time to go lightweight for a while. Takes 4 Varta 625u batteries which I am hoping I can find somewhere around here. Since we are in between houses and the darkroom is boxed I will shoot some c-41, have it dev'd and scanned, pick out the faves then send them to one of our APUG sponsors for some traditional color prints. Will probably head to the city one day this weekend for a few rolls of street shooting and report back with results. It's strange because I had thought this camera was scratching film yet running through a film tonight it showed no visible scratching. Now I suspect the lab I used last as the culprit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's really good to read a post from you Sean where you get to "talk" about taking some photos.

Have fun, and show us some work!

I assume you have access to the galleries
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agree with Matt. I've gotten the feeling that you spend all of your free time helping the rest of us enjoy traditional photography, leaving no time for you to do the same.

By all means if you can sweet talk one of those dang moderators into giving you access, post some images.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, let's talk cameras for a change.

A nice outfit you gave that one!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I found a modification for the battery, it can use a 123 instead. Very cool

I'll pick up a 123 and try this mod tonight.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin