Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,810   Online: 883

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanV View Post
    Originally Posted by guitstik
    Call Ken Ruth at Bald Mountain Photography. His web address is www.baldmt.com. If you call him be prepared for a good laugh, he has a twisted sense of humor.
    You may find it easier to find Ken Ruth at http://www.baldmtn.com/index.html
    Matt
    Thanks, both of you. Norman
    Just emailed him about my Minolta AL rangefinder.

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have now got my Contax back from Jerry. Six weeks including post 8000 miles each way! I have not had time to try it with film but the view/rangefinder is now fantastic and the shutter sounds good. I cannot be more pleased, and at such a good price. I will post some results soon.
    Norman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanV View Post
    I have now got my Contax back from Jerry. Six weeks including post 8000 miles each way! I have not had time to try it with film but the view/rangefinder is now fantastic and the shutter sounds good. I cannot be more pleased, and at such a good price. I will post some results soon.
    Norman
    Norman, I know you said it looked and sounded good. Have you had a chance to try it out?

I'm about to pack up a box of things to go to Jerry.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Michael, I have tested it and found the shutter and rangefinder to be accurate. I was disappointed with the lens, it was much lower in contrast than my old Contax so I bought a Helios lens which after much butchery with a Dremel was made to fit. This has much higher contrast but on revisiting the Sonnar negs I found that with a bit of tweaking that they are not so bad.
    Here are some examples.
    The rear end of the cannon and the airport crash tender were taken with the Heios and the cathedral and the Landrover with the Sonnar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gun.jpg   cathedral.jpg   Rover.jpg   tender.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanV
    Hi Michael, I have tested it and found the shutter and rangefinder to be accurate. I was disappointed with the lens, it was much lower in contrast than my old Contax so I bought a Helios lens which after much butchery with a Dremel was made to fit. This has much higher contrast but on revisiting the Sonnar negs I found that with a bit of tweaking that they are not so bad.
    Here are some examples.
    The rear end of the cannon and the airport crash tender were taken with the Heios and the cathedral and the Landrover with the Sonnar
    So you would say the Jerry's work is up to par?

I don't think he could be responsible for the lens being sub-par.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Absolutely fine, as I have said previously I will send him my next camera for repair. My Sonnar lens is just very low on contrast, not a lot can be done about it. It will be useful for glowing portraits!
    Norman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin