Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,743   Online: 1053

Shooter
    8x10 Format

VC 21mm finder, is it a 15mm with brightlines?

Hi everyone,
    So I have this 21mm finder I got with my 15mm VC. I need a 15mm finder because I shoot 35mm film.

I was wondering is the 21mm finder really a 15mm with lines added?? I have the 1st version, the plastic one.

Anybody know?

Thanks~
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karr View Post
    I was wondering is the 21mm finder really a 15mm with lines added?? I have the 1st version, the plastic one.
    I have both from when they were automatically included with the lenses. I don't know if there were different versions, but the two plastic ones I have are the same with the exception of the added framelines and the focal length notation on the top. You can put one in front of each eye and the fields and magnification are identical.

Lee

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yes, as far as I could see, they are identical except for the 21mm has brightlines and the 15mm doesn't. Which was a shame really.

Why did you get the 21mm finder with the 15mm lens? Did you buy it new?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi,
    Thanks for the info. I am happy because I did buy it used and didn't notice the 21mm finder until I got home with no option than to return the lens & finder as a kit , but I like the lens. I would like to trade someone with an official 15mm just from a standpoint of having a proper setup. Great lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin