Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,425   Online: 818

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Nathan: sweet! Which 1.5V battery are you using?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LowriderS10 View Post
    Nathan: sweet! Which 1.5V battery are you using?
    625A, and I misremembered about the spring---that must have been on a different camera.

I haven't done tightly controlled testing or anything, but I sanity-checked it against a known-good meter, then shot a bunch of slide film with it.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also consider the Minolta Hi-Matic 9.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I second the Hi-Matic 9, an absolutely rock-solid rangefinder. And with so many people enamored with the 7s, the 9 can be an overlooked bargain. I use the 1.4 zinc-air hearing aid batteries in mine, with a small piece of aluminum foil on the underside of the battery cover to ensure contact, and it meters perfectly.

Whichever Hi-Matic you buy, be sure to invest in a lens hood for those sunny days.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the tips...why Hi-Matic 9? As far as I can tell there isn't much difference, aside from an ever so slightly faster lens...or am I missing something?

Shooter
    35mm
    The Hi-Matic 9 is functionally just about identical to the 7s, with the addition of an "Easy Flash" feature. As elcabezagrande (heh) points out, they seem to to get overlooked and sell for less than the 7s on that popular internet auction site. Dunno why.
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    I've written a little review for my Minolta 7sII here, but I updated recently on RFforum about it's inacurate paralax correction (common problem with this kind of rangefinders): http://rangefinderforum.com/forums/s...t=minolta+7sII
    "It's not about the pictures, concepts, people, human bodies, emotions, experimentations, colours, dreams, tricky scenes, camera or imaginations.. it's about the poetry behind them all."

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks...interestingly enough, I haven't been able to find any 9s, where as the 7ss are a dime a dozen...I missed out on one going for $10 a few weeks ago :'(

What's the difference between the 7s and the 7sII? How can I tell them apart? Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LowriderS10 View Post
    Thanks...interestingly enough, I haven't been able to find any 9s, where as the 7ss are a dime a dozen...I missed out on one going for $10 a few weeks ago :'(

What's the difference between the 7s and the 7sII? How can I tell them apart? Thanks
    The main and most important difference between 7s and 7sII seems to be the dimensions (size and weight). Other diferences are 7sII has 1.7 lens while 7s has 1.8.

7sII even it's a small camera, it is not that light as it looks, and it feels very solid in hands. I suppose 7s not to be light at all and to feel more solid since it is larger and heavier.

7sII is definetely better than 7s, and if you can find it in good working condition - go for it. Otherwise, if the size doesn't bother you that much get a 7s which would be prety cheaper than 7sII.
    "It's not about the pictures, concepts, people, human bodies, emotions, experimentations, colours, dreams, tricky scenes, camera or imaginations.. it's about the poetry behind them all."

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the info!

Actually...weird as it is, I prefer larger, heavier cameras. As much as I love my AE-1Ps, for example, I prefer to handle the T90. My digital body is a 30D with a grip...Rebels and such just feel too small and flimsy in my hands.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin