Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,387   Online: 790

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kiev problems

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandiputra View Post
    no, it is recommended to cocked the shutter before changing the shutter speed, although some say, unlike other russian RF, it wouldn't malfunction if you don't. and now the problem is apparently not limited to bulb, changing the speed to a faster occasionally does the same thing.

Dave
    Hi

Unless the camera is worn or defective you can change the shutter speed before or after winding. It should remain capped.

Noel

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanc View Post
    Hi dave, if you can't wait fr me you should take a look at zeisscamera.com i think he posted various images of the lock
    Hi, can't seem to find the picture of the shutter on the site,

actually i tried to bend the hook on the shutter release mechanism slightly, so it works for now, not a perfect solution, but it'll do for now i think.

oh actually i have one more concern on the camera, the dreaded kiev film spacing, i've read that slightly unsrewing the screw on the winding rod might solve the problem, do you have any experience on this?

Regards,

Dave

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yep. but i dont worry about the film spacing, it is not that bad on mine anyway, Though i tend to leave things alone if i can live with it. Hey, what kinda Kiev would it be without some idiosyncracy:- ))
    regards
    Craig

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Swensson View Post
    Yep. but i dont worry about the film spacing, it is not that bad on mine anyway, Though i tend to leave things alone if i can live with it. Hey, what kinda Kiev would it be without some idiosyncracy:- ))
    regards
    Craig
    i agree Craig, we've got to have something to differentiate ourselves from those German brethren no? haha.. but sometimes the spacing are so close (not yet overlapping though) that i got a hard time when trying to print the negative.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

There are three issues in this thread two capping one wind on clutch.

The wind on clutch is a problem but if your are not ripping out sprocket holes I leave it alone, it is impossible to make the ContaxII design sapce frames like a Leica.

If you are ripping out sprocket holes then a little light sewing machine oil between the screw and the forks of the wind on spool side, invert camera, drip on the screw head, mop up any excess with a cotton bud. The clutch is just a fibre washer, so dont use fire hose techniques...

There are three latches which latch the shutter, two each side of slats of the roller blind, which lock the leading blind and the trailing blind as the shutter is re-cocked, and a safety catch which locks the blinds in the ready to fire position.

The safety catch can be omitted and the shutter should still be ok. I'd not remove it deliberately.

The capping latches do wear and can cause problems independent of the safety catch, you need to strip the shutter module and bend them, tricky if you have fat fingers... This should only happen if the camera has had a lot of use.

Wind and fire the shutter with the back off if the shutter uncaps during wind on it is the capping latches...

Cheaper to buy another Kiev.

Noel
    P.S if you have a late Keiv with a fixed wind on spool then you will need to remove to access the wind on clutch, small screwdriver...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandiputra View Post
    i agree Craig, we've got to have something to differentiate ourselves from those German brethren no? haha.. but sometimes the spacing are so close (not yet overlapping though) that i got a hard time when trying to print the negative.

You must mean Rollei because Hasselblad is make in Sweden!

Ahh ... now I finally understand the mentality of someone who would buy a Kiev!

Jus' sayin'
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post

Jus' sayin'
    You do have to know though Steve, that the Kiev in question is a Contax copy.
    So a copy of a camera made in Germany.
    Jus' sayin'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    You do have to know though Steve, that the Kiev in question is a Contax copy.
    So a copy of a camera made in Germany.
    Jus' sayin'

Whatev' ... since when did facts on internet ever matter?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post

Jus' sayin'
    made in sweden

Jus' sayin'

but really, thanks for all the suggestions and help guys, really appreciate it

regards,

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin