Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,585   Posts: 1,545,799   Online: 1121

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Voigtlander finder with Zeiss lens on a M4

Hi everybody

I want to buy a wide angle lens, a Zeiss 25mm/2.8 Biogon T ZM. The price of the Voigtlander finder 21/25 is cheaper than the Zeiss finder. Is it a good idea to use the Voigtlander finder with this Zeiss lens? What about the 24 mm Elmarit whit this finder even there is a small difference? Which lens is the best, Elmarit,Biogon or the
    25/4 Color-Skopar for you?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

If you use a heavy tripod >90% of the time you need the Zeiss lens it is a statement lens, wiping the floor with the Leica equiv.

The little LTM CV is super for street shooting the click stops allow a scale focus without distracting nervous subject, the kit includes the finder... The M version does not come with a finder, more $. The optional hood make a difference...

The Zeiss lens is really big but not too heavy.

Any finder shiuld be ok, they are easy to lose get the cheapest.

Noel

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If you check eBay, aftermarket finders from the 1960s seem to show up now and then. I have a Petri 28mm finder that I got several years back with a bunch of other items. They won't be as good as the Zeiss finder or an equivalent finder from Cosina, but the price will be a lot less, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Zeiss 21 with a Voigtlander viewfinder.
    Works fine for me.

I bought it because it was 1/3 of the price of a Zeiss finder and I haven't regretted it.

6x9

Shooter
    35mm
    I've looked through all finders and I enjoy the Zeiss the most. Right now I am using the 21mm finder and it is a beautiful peice of glass to look through.

Doesn't matter what brand you use to what lens. As long as the FL is the same, they SHOULD project the same image you will see.
    I have changed my password and changed my email to a random email. This is forum seppuku. Good bye!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Leica M hot shoes are not centered over the lens centerline. As such the finders or at least the 21mm Leitz finder I use with a 21mm f2.8 ASPH lens on my M's is offset. I purchased a Zeiss 21mm finder for its brightness but when I started using the Zeiss finder on the M cameras, the photos had a rotation in the vertical plane that was very evident on architectural shots and even evident on other product shots. I went back to the Leitz finder.-Dick

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin