Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,594   Online: 1108

Page 34 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242829303132333435363738394044 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    An M2. A really nice camera!

X. Phot.
    This last weekend I found a minty Tower 45 (Nicca 5L) w/ Nikkor-H 50mm f/2 lens in a local antiques stall. After the 20% discount the final price came to 11 dollars plus tax.

Then the next day, Sunday it was, in an antiques stall about a city block distant from the previous, I acquired a minty Zeiss Ikon Contax IIIA w/Sonnar 50mm f/1.5 in it's original leather case. Even the meter on this one works properly. That one came to just 30 dollars plus tax.

It's was a wonderful and strange weekend. But now, I sense another dry-spell is on the horizon. The last one lasted about five years.

It would be funny to think that both of these cameras originated from the same source. ie; estate. It's not unlikely around these parts.
    Last edited by X. Phot.; 09-07-2011 at 04:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: adding verbs

Shooter
    35mm
    A Nikon S2 and a Leica M3, now I need a 50mm Leica lens.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I just purchased a Zeiss Contax IIIa and a Sonnar-Opton 50mm f=1,5. Its my first rangefinder and I'm very excited to learn how to shoot it. I have a roll of Tri-X sitting here waiting to be loaded in once I've had a chance to read the manual.

I've been a DSLR shooter for awhile yet but have had a crush on rangefinders ever since I first saw them on display at my local camera store. Seeing images online shot with rangefinders sealed the deal for me. I wanted the Leica yet I couldn't talk myself into the startup and maintenance cost. Obviously worth every penny, yet a bit out of my price range.

About a month ago I purchased a Zeiss Contina IIa. After I got my first roll of film back from the photo lab I knew I absolutely had to have a rangefinder. I was happy enough with the results of the Contina that I began to research Zeiss and after a good deal of learning, made my purchase this weekend through KEH. The camera and lens arrive today and look to be in very fine shape. The kit appears to be a "user".

I'm from the Seattle area as an introduction, and I'm interested in meeting fellow rangefinder enthusiasts from this area. I look forward to participating in this community.

Shooter
    35mm

New purchase and canonete question

I'm the proud owner of a new (for me) canon canonete ql17 giii can't wait to play with it. Right now it's still in France (eBay, ya know) but soon it will hop the pond and start capturing California scenes.
    One question: with it's metering can I get away with a linear polarizer or must it be circular?

Shooter
    35mm
    Fell ass-backwards into a Leica IIIa together with Elmar 35/3.5, Xenon 50/1.5, Summar 50/2, Summitar 50/2, Elmar 50/2.8, Elmar 90/4, Hektor 135/4.5 and Telyt 200/4.5. There was also a Zorki-4 and various Jupiter lenses.

edit: cost was exactly zero...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BokehBurgher View Post
    I just purchased a Zeiss Contax IIIa and a Sonnar-Opton 50mm f=1,5. Its my first rangefinder and I'm very excited to learn how to shoot it. I have a roll of Tri-X sitting here waiting to be loaded in once I've had a chance to read the manual.

I've been a DSLR shooter for awhile yet but have had a crush on rangefinders ever since I first saw them on display at my local camera store. Seeing images online shot with rangefinders sealed the deal for me. I wanted the Leica yet I couldn't talk myself into the startup and maintenance cost. Obviously worth every penny, yet a bit out of my price range.

About a month ago I purchased a Zeiss Contina IIa. After I got my first roll of film back from the photo lab I knew I absolutely had to have a rangefinder. I was happy enough with the results of the Contina that I began to research Zeiss and after a good deal of learning, made my purchase this weekend through KEH. The camera and lens arrive today and look to be in very fine shape. The kit appears to be a "user".

I'm from the Seattle area as an introduction, and I'm interested in meeting fellow rangefinder enthusiasts from this area. I look forward to participating in this community.
    Welcome to APUG and the wonderful world of RF shooting. What part of Seattle? I grew up in the Burien/White Center area. Having the Cascade randge and Mt. Rainier as backdrops make me wish that I were back in that part of the country. There are a bunch of people here that live there And you should be able to hook up with some one, good luck and happy shooting.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brianentz View Post
    I'm the proud owner of a new (for me) canon canonete ql17 giii can't wait to play with it. Right now it's still in France (eBay, ya know) but soon it will hop the pond and start capturing California scenes.
    One question: with it's metering can I get away with a linear polarizer or must it be circular?
    As I remember the circular polarizer requirement is for SLRs using a beam splitter for through the lens metering, or for autofocussing systems using beam splitters. Since the Canonet mounts its CdS cell external to the lens, a linear polarizer should be fine, and the exposure increase should be automatically accomplished, since the cell reads through the filter.

Looks like a sweet little camera!

Any other members care to comment?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BokehBurgher View Post

Yes welcome,
    I shoot Contax IIa and am on the lookout for a 50 1,5 in one of it's iterations.
    I also have a Kiev 4a with some Jupiters but the Kiev is really no match for the Contax as far as build quality.

Have fun.

Shooter
    35mm
    Great. Saves me a bit o' $ !! I'll use the savings for a canolite D flash and carrying pouch.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin