Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,733   Online: 1084

Page 49 of 90 FirstFirst ... 394344454647484950515253545559 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    I hope to go diving with it soon. I may be diving in Thailand when I go there in a few months. And if work sends me to Africa again I will go diving there for sure. Otherwise it's my foul Weather camera.
    Cool, be sure to post the results after you dive with it.

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by amsp View Post
    Cool, be sure to post the results after you dive with it.
    I sure will, I'm running a roll of film through it right now to check shutter speeds

Shooter
    35mm RF
    not really RF, but i picked up a rollei 35S and a semi-working olympus XA. the XA's lens is fungused to hell, so it remains to be seen as to whether or not it'll be worth using...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    pstake: The diopter adjustment is the little lever at the base of the rewind knob, at the far left of the top of the camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just procured a nice little Canonet 28 rangefinder. More like a point and shoot in that it only let's you control the aperture and sets the shutter for you. Nonetheless, a nice addition to the family.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Some eek-Bait surfing produced two (2) copies of the 1961 Bell and Howell/Canon Canonet 19 Rangefinder 35mm Camera that arrived here yesterday. One of them was dropped and there is a serious dent in the left end of the top, but that one has the mustly working shutter assembly in the lens; only the slow speeds (1/8th to 1 second) are not working. The second sample is in better cosmetic shape, but the shutter does not move at all. I guess it is time for a CLA.

It was interesting to note how quickly a lot of memories from the early 1960s came back when I flipped the lever on the film advance down, and began to swing the lever on the bottom of the camera with my left thumb to cock the shutter mechanism and move the film transport system.

Oh, yes, one of them still had a roll of Kodacolor-X in it. The case also has Customs inspection stickers from Bermuda and the United States on it. I am wondering if developing the roll in C-22 chemicals will produce photographs of someone's vacation back in the 1960s.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mamiya 6,usedwith amazing optics.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    mamiya 6,usedwith amazing optics.
    The newer six with exchangeable lenses or the old folder?
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    35mm
    Couple of weeks ago I found a Canonet QL17-GIII in a second hand store. The camera is in fine condition and everything works, even the meter when I put a #675 zink air battery in it. When I went to the desk to pay for it they said on one had been able to make it work. No surprise there, they had it set on auto and without a battery the shutter won't fire. Price was $15 so I made out well. It will need the customary light sealing foam replacement so until I get around to that I can't run film through it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Pristine Contax G2 with 45mm. This is my second G2 body in addition to my old trusted G1. Thought for a long time about trying out the Leica M experience, but decided I value the speed of the Contax G system to capture that 'moment' as opposed using manual focus. Very happy Contax G user since I bought G1 brand new....just thought for a bit about the Leica experience...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin