Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,071   Online: 1125

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111555 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The RC is nice. My favorite thing about the camera is how easily I can carry it waist level and glance down to change the aperture or shutter speed. It also hides in your hand nicely.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got both these cameras in hand now. The GSN arrived yesterday and the RC was waiting for me when I got home today. Both look really nice. The RC is MUCH smaller. Will have fun playing with them now. The RC may match my initial goal of a nice carry around camera better, but I like the looks and feel of the GSN too.

The GSN focus seems a little "dry" like it could use some lube. Is this something that may be necessary? Maybe it's just my technique. It only seems bothersome while holding the camera up to focus, when part of the camera weight is being supported by the ring and turning it. If the weight is supported by my hand or on a table, it turns much more smoothly and effortlessly.

Will just live with it for now. Otherwise the camera if in VERY NICE condition.

Shooter
    35mm
    I finally got the film in for processing, got it back today. Very impressed with both of these cameras (GSN and RC). The metering was spot on, at least it was once I remembered to set the proper ISO - digital and DX coding really spoil us.

I think both the GSN and the RC will be keepers!!! Very fun and compact. Both lenses seem really sharp, will have to use them some more obviously. Shot a roll of 200 and 400 with each, seems the 400 will be the go-to for the RC. It had a little difficulty handling deep shade with 200. Might just have to shoot manually with a tripod in these cases. I was impressed with how accurate the automatic settings worked in both of these cameras.

Had no problems with the GSN focus today, was probably just me. I'm happy with my two little gems.

Shooter
    35mm
    This is all you guy's fault...

In the mail from Yuri (fedka.com), not one, but TWO FSU rangefinders...Kiev 4AM w/Helios-103 53/1.8 and Zorki 4K w/Jupiter-8 50/2. I will post more when they get here. I am a little concerned about QA issues with the late model Kiev, but we will see. The thing that really concerns me is that I am still really interested in getting a Bessa R2A or R3A too!

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta BX with Synchro Compur shutter on it's way from England to California.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Contax IIIa with 50/f2 and working light meter!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Hoya 48mm Lens shade for my Canonet QL17 G-III. Fits perfectly. Looks good too.

However, it' worth posting for posterity that the lowly Kalt 49mm threaded metal hood together with a 48-49mm step up ring makes an admirable substitute. In fact, this combo may be superior in that it creates a deeper, darker recess for the lens without any vignetting or metering issues. The only drawback is that it's slightly more viewfinder intrusive. But not too much.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Voitländer 12/5.6 ASPH Ultra Wide Heliar LTM mount for my Leica M2 and IIIf.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    Voitländer 12/5.6 ASPH Ultra Wide Heliar LTM mount for my Leica M2 and IIIf.
    That belongs on my Bessa R not on your Leica LOL
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    That belongs on my Bessa R not on your Leica LOL
    I can put it on my IIIa, IIIF or my M2.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin