Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,407   Online: 892

Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 404445464748495051525354555660 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bought a Zeiss Ikon Contessa LKE this week. Paid £1.00 for it. Still on the first froll of film but so far I like it a lot.

Can control both aperture and shutter speed, built-in coupled light meter works well with no need for a battery. Rangefinder is spot on. And no foam light seals to go manky.

Shooter
    35mm

RF Petri

Trying to find a Petri 7s to keep for myself and bought a "Good working 7s, meter and shutter are fine" ... well you know the rest. Still looking to repace the one I learned to shoot film and slides with in the 60's. Old story- Dad, Vietnam, PX... and My Dad still remembers it all.
    Just because you can, Does Not mean you should.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelman in Texas View Post
    Trying to find a Petri 7s to keep for myself and bought a "Good working 7s, meter and shutter are fine" ... well you know the rest. Still looking to repace the one I learned to shoot film and slides with in the 60's. Old story- Dad, Vietnam, PX... and My Dad still remembers it all.
    Steelman, take a look here at this Petri 7s. I've seen this ad up for several weeks.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/pho/2892541760.html

I might be able to help a fellow apug'r (and a fellow Texan, incidentally — I grew up in Amarillo) and pick up and ship this to you if it's something you're interested in.
    Last edited by pstake; 04-07-2012 at 04:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a Yashica Electro 35 GS, and a GTN, on the way.

Shooter
    35mm
    I recently grabbed an Olympus XA from the big auction site. Loving it so far...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently discovered the yashica lynx 5000 in my closet. I decided to play around with it. Just need to find a battery for it. Until the I'll carry around a lightmeter. (I got a slide film in there otherwise I would wingball it with the sunny 16 rule...or the cloudy 8 rule)
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Fuji GS645S, that's on its way from KEH.

I recently sold off my GW690 --- though I loved it in many ways, I did not love that it was meterless. It was also SO large as to be almost cartoonish. I wasn't convinced on the lens either -- it was brutally sharp but the contrast was harsh. Having so few frames per roll of 120 was also tiresome in the field. It felt like I spent half of my time reloading the camera.

I'm hoping the GS645S is a better compromise. Slightly smaller and lighter, with a built in meter. Not sure how the lens will be -- it's still a Fujinon but maybe the 60mm has a different rendering than the 90mm did?

The other advantage is that the largest negative I can print is a 6x6, and I recently added a 645 holder for my enlarger. The 6x9 of the GW690 seemed wasted when I couldn't print it optically.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    35mm
    I just picked up the FED 3 from ebay and god I love it. I'm surprised I got a good copy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I got a Konica Hexar AF pretty cheap on the auction site. I found it while browsing aimlessly, so I bid on it. Surprisingly, no one else put it any bids. After I won, I found that the sale had been miscategorized, so I guess no one else saw it. Anyway, the camera arrived in good working shape with it's original case, lens cap, and instructions (in Japanese). I'll take it out this weekend and put some film through it. I also added another black Olympus SP to the herd.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I certainly don't have the budget for a Leica, but last month I managed to score from here a FED-2 with two lenses, a Jupiter-8 and an Industar-23M. I'm absolutely loving it, though tracking down a pinhole light leak. In the meantime, I've bought two more lenses from the Bay: a FED 50/3.5 (the collapsible Elmar clone), and an Industar-61 L/D, both in great shape.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin