Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,285   Posts: 1,681,164   Online: 842

Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 414546474849505152535455565761 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haha! That's a great idea! I have a nice custom made diaper bag that I don't use anymore... I might try it out!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look around for a Billingham label to sew on it! Seriously tho, I have a couple of Domke's and I use the d/bags much more. I probably need professional help.

Shooter
    35mm
    A pair of Voightlanders, an early - 1930's - Bessa and an early 1950's Perkeo, both in good working condition as well. And best of all, very cheap !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Braun Paxette Super II BL. Dirt cheap from the bay, with the semi-decent Steinheil lens. Slow speeds are off, but the meter appears to work (and goes up to 3200asa !). Seems like a nice little unit, waiting to burn some film.

As an aside, why have Se meters gotten such a bum rap? I only have 1 50 year old camera with a completely NG Selenium meter, several that are "close enough", and a few that are spot on. In comparison, every other CdS-metered camera I have is totally shot, usually thru battery corrosion so preventable, but nobody did. I have metered night shots of several seconds using Se meters, and they came out fine. If I was shooting only slide film at maximum aperture, I'd probably want more meter, but for anything else they're fine. I'm trying to train myself not to use a meter these days, but I have to admit an old Se cell is still a bit better than I am.

--nosmok
    Last edited by nosmok; 05-04-2012 at 03:11 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: facts

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A super ratty canon vt, only 4 speeds work and it has a terrible black paint job. I'll clean it soon as I can find some info on it.

And a fuji gw690 ii, the Texas Leica haha. I bit rough, but a perfect user camera for me to take around and not worry about babying it. Now all I need are some 67mm filters.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Mamiya Universal Press with 100/2.8 M-Sekor (+ many other accessories)

This is what I call a Rangefinder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nosmok View Post

As an aside, why have Se meters gotten such a bum rap? I only have 1 50 year old camera with a completely NG Selenium meter, several that are "close enough", and a few that are spot on. In comparison, every other CdS-metered camera I have is totally shot, usually thru battery corrosion so preventable, but nobody did.
    --nosmok
    I have the same experience - the only Se meter I have that does not work is a Sixton from the 1960s. I have half a dozen from the 1950s that work just fine. I don't know what the design life was but I suspect a lot less than 60 years.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

I have SINNED

I went to a yard sale and bought: 2 Zeiss Super Ikontas, a Zeiss Tenax, a Contax iiia color dial, a Zeiss biogon 35 f2.8, a Kodak Ektra and a bell and Howell Foton with the Cooke Amotal lens. I am sooooo dead, sooo dead, spook dead.... Oh and a sweet Contessa

David

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Most recent purchase was a Voigtlander Vito III, it's beautiful but needed a shutter repair, all sorted now thanks to help from this forum....currently looking for a suitable M3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A new skin from Camera Leather for my recently acquired Leica IIIf. It looks great nude!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin