Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,562   Posts: 1,646,509   Online: 700

Page 53 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3434748495051525354555657585963 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Splurged a bit recently and alleviated some G.A.S. with another rangefinder, last month I got a gw690II, today I just won an auction for a Canon VI-T. Pretty excited to start using RF's a bit more this summer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up my first Rangefinder from Ebay. A Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa. So far, I love this camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Vitomatic IIa is still my favourite camera. Takes a lot of beating - only slight niggle I have is with its weight.- but excellent to use.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cosmetically just about perfect Yashica GSN (this one Hong Kong-made) for USD 5, including (n)ever-ready case in perfect shape, neck strap, and a very small (Yashica CS-14) flash. It was at an antiques shop, priced USD 12, but clearly the shop-keeper wanted it gone. It had a still-live Exell PX32A (alkaline) in it, with power enough for me to test the shutter and find that at least the exposures got longer as I set the aperture smaller. (How does one really ever know they're "right" on an Electro?!) But the battery, although working, had just the slightest small leakage starting. I'd like to think I saved this GSN for the camera collectors of the world by encountering it just in the nick of time to remove the battery. Testing further at home, the shutter behavior is inconsistent and I get the satisfying clunk only rarely, so I think the POD is on its way out and will need replacement. Also the light seals are completely perished, but that's easily fixed and I've already got acres of Jon Goodman's light seal foam on hand. As the shop-keeper said, how wrong can you go for five dollars?! My first Yashica ever. I'm excited...
    --Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    A Kiev-2a (with Jupiter 8). I've actually had it since january, but I'm loving it more and more. Particularly since I put color film through it for the first time last week. A beautiful thing to use and look at, and it's in wonderful condition. And it takes great photos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the last several months I have acquired a Photrix B 35mm, a Zeiss Ikon Contina, a 1958 Ricoh 35S and a Voightlander Vito B. All are wonderful in their own way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Fujifilm GF670 medium format folder last Friday.

It's always dangerous to draw any public conclusions too soon. Even the crappiest new car still looks and smells fabulous when the new owner first drives it off the lot. The relevant observation is always, what do you think of it at 300,000 miles?

That said...

I had read everything I could find before clicking Submit Order. I already knew it had an ultra-quiet shutter. But I was absolutely NOT prepared at all for what I heard when I exposed the very first frame. A mosquito alighting in the next county would sound like a veritable train wreck by comparison. I was staggered. I thought the thing had malfunctioned. It hadn't. Holy cow. How did they DO that?

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 07-10-2012 at 11:50 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling correction...
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John E Earley View Post
    In the last several months I have acquired a Photrix B 35mm, a Zeiss Ikon Contina, a 1958 Ricoh 35S and a Voightlander Vito B. All are wonderful in their own way.
    Great first post! Welcome to the team, you sure have some great players!
    Last edited by zsas; 07-10-2012 at 08:11 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add quote
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Fed I as a Leica II copy , manufactured at 1954 and classified as If or Ig. Two years after that , no newer one. 750000 manufactured , times more than Leica and sounds like a whisper. 45 dollars from Ukraine with 30 dollars postage to France , what are sisters for In 2 weeks will be at my hand. It has a Elmar 3.5 5cms copy , I used the Leica one and was super.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Tower Type 3

A beautiful looking Sears Tower Type 3 with the Nikkor 5cm f2. This may be a copy of a Leica copy, but I think it is the purtiest camera I have ever used. If a camera can really influence the photographer to create beautiful images, this has to be the one that can do it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin