Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,260   Online: 1156

Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3434748495051525354555657585963 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Leica bug bites again.

I bought a Leica IIIf BD from KEH last night. Will be here Wednesday and I have my Elmar ready for it..
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Haaa! They all get used, no dust bunnies! Congrats on your minty one PDJ and your one too DXQ!
    Thanks ... hmm, great idea about multiple cameras ... I should get a couple more

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Picked up a little Hungarian rangefinder – the Mometta II. Have some film in it now. Nice little camera. I might do a writeup on it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My new toy - a Canon IIF and Canon 50/1.8.

New toy! by Scott --, on Flickr

Was sold to me as a IID(1), but shame on me for not reading up on the differences first. Ah, well, gonna be a sweet toy, anyway!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^Looks quite mint and clean!! Congrats!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Splurged a bit recently and alleviated some G.A.S. with another rangefinder, last month I got a gw690II, today I just won an auction for a Canon VI-T. Pretty excited to start using RF's a bit more this summer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up my first Rangefinder from Ebay. A Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa. So far, I love this camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Deleted
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Vitomatic IIa is still my favourite camera. Takes a lot of beating - only slight niggle I have is with its weight.- but excellent to use.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cosmetically just about perfect Yashica GSN (this one Hong Kong-made) for USD 5, including (n)ever-ready case in perfect shape, neck strap, and a very small (Yashica CS-14) flash. It was at an antiques shop, priced USD 12, but clearly the shop-keeper wanted it gone. It had a still-live Exell PX32A (alkaline) in it, with power enough for me to test the shutter and find that at least the exposures got longer as I set the aperture smaller. (How does one really ever know they're "right" on an Electro?!) But the battery, although working, had just the slightest small leakage starting. I'd like to think I saved this GSN for the camera collectors of the world by encountering it just in the nick of time to remove the battery. Testing further at home, the shutter behavior is inconsistent and I get the satisfying clunk only rarely, so I think the POD is on its way out and will need replacement. Also the light seals are completely perished, but that's easily fixed and I've already got acres of Jon Goodman's light seal foam on hand. As the shop-keeper said, how wrong can you go for five dollars?! My first Yashica ever. I'm excited...
    --Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin