Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,648   Posts: 1,481,283   Online: 699

Page 54 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4444849505152535455565758596064 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    A Kiev-2a (with Jupiter 8). I've actually had it since january, but I'm loving it more and more. Particularly since I put color film through it for the first time last week. A beautiful thing to use and look at, and it's in wonderful condition. And it takes great photos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the last several months I have acquired a Photrix B 35mm, a Zeiss Ikon Contina, a 1958 Ricoh 35S and a Voightlander Vito B. All are wonderful in their own way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Fujifilm GF670 medium format folder last Friday.

It's always dangerous to draw any public conclusions too soon. Even the crappiest new car still looks and smells fabulous when the new owner first drives it off the lot. The relevant observation is always, what do you think of it at 300,000 miles?

That said...

I had read everything I could find before clicking Submit Order. I already knew it had an ultra-quiet shutter. But I was absolutely NOT prepared at all for what I heard when I exposed the very first frame. A mosquito alighting in the next county would sound like a veritable train wreck by comparison. I was staggered. I thought the thing had malfunctioned. It hadn't. Holy cow. How did they DO that?

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 07-10-2012 at 11:50 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling correction...
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John E Earley View Post
    In the last several months I have acquired a Photrix B 35mm, a Zeiss Ikon Contina, a 1958 Ricoh 35S and a Voightlander Vito B. All are wonderful in their own way.
    Great first post! Welcome to the team, you sure have some great players!
    Last edited by zsas; 07-10-2012 at 08:11 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add quote
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Fed I as a Leica II copy , manufactured at 1954 and classified as If or Ig. Two years after that , no newer one. 750000 manufactured , times more than Leica and sounds like a whisper. 45 dollars from Ukraine with 30 dollars postage to France , what are sisters for In 2 weeks will be at my hand. It has a Elmar 3.5 5cms copy , I used the Leica one and was super.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Tower Type 3

A beautiful looking Sears Tower Type 3 with the Nikkor 5cm f2. This may be a copy of a Leica copy, but I think it is the purtiest camera I have ever used. If a camera can really influence the photographer to create beautiful images, this has to be the one that can do it.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    A Kodak Retina IIa (type 150, pre-war) with f:2 Xenon, and a Retina II (type 142) with f:2 Xenon.

The IIa is on it's way to New Zealand to Mr. Sherlock for a full CLA.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think my hand just had a spasm, as I just won an ebay auction for a 150mm lens for the Mamiya 7. I almost have the whole lineup now...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the comment zsas

This past month I've been busy. I've added a Riken Ricoh 300 f2.8 from 1959 with matching bulb flash unit, a Taron 35 w/ Lausar f2.8 by Nihon Kosokki and a mint, bottom trigger wind Ricoh 500 MX w/case, box and instructions to go with my previously mentioned Ricoh 35S.

Now if I can decide on the Canon P that I want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I did find the Canon P that I've been looking to buy for some time. It has a very nice f1.4 Canon lens and just a bit of shutter wrinkle.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin