Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,334   Posts: 1,537,506   Online: 1102

Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7475152535455565758596061626367 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got a Minolta Uniomat (also called Ansco Anscoset in North America). Had to fix a couple of problems with the shutter and have just loaded a test film which I will later today. Using it dry, I am quite impressed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Brand new to range finders. Just picked up an M6 in mint condition with a collapsible cron 50:2. Shot two tools this weekend. Enjoying it very much...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just got a new Zeiss Ikon, with f/2.8 25mm Biogon. Sweet shooter, handles great. I am looking forward to seeing the Velvia 100 slides I took today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A bunch of Paxette lenses from overseas. Paxettes are the potato chips of cameras-- you can't stop at one!

--nosmok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon 50 1.4 just arrived today. There's a Jupiter in the mail too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Canon IVF by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not quite rangefinder but I couldn't find a thread like this in the 35mm forums. I just got a second 35mm body. a nikon F801. It's primarily there to be a back up for my D600 when I shoot in a professional capacity. But It's great to use all my great lenses on film to. I guess if my voigtlander ever needed repairs this would be a back up for it too (so I could still shoot 35mm). So it is sort of a rangefinder purchase.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Picked up a Leitz Elmar 28mm 2.8 "M" lens. Stunning little lens. Not extreemly wild about lens shade but great lens and a wonderful used price for a mint lens. Will use it this Thanksgiving with the family.

Shooter
    Multi Format

My 3 acquisitions of RF this year - long story

I got to reminiscing with myself about the camera I bought in the PX in Seoul in '66 and decided to shop ebay for one. Ordered a supposedly perfect camera ($10 + shipping), then decided I should look up a film source. I'm from the US, so I looked for Kodak and came upon a Kodak Retina 1a for $40. I just had to have this ikon of American engineering and precision manufacturing. (ready, fire, aim). After I purchased, I researched to learn that the top end Kodaks were actually manufactured in Germany. Well, I have the German/American camera and have had the pleasure of running a few rolls of B&W as well as color, so I'm happy about that acquisition. Meanwhile, the Minolta HiMatic 7s I ordered was non functional, got money back, tried again, another non-functional, repeat. (slow learner) So I took the 3 dogs to a local camera geek who refurbed the best one for me and now I have a pretty good shooter. Last month, I saw a fellow on the APUG site selling a Zeiss Ikonta 6X9 which I just could not resist. It's hidden in the back of my camera drawer right now because sweetie (unbeknownst to her) is giving it to me for Christmas. So, I now have 2 German RF folders and one Japanese RF. I have to use my DSLR (Sony Alpha 550) for my light meter. No meters in the folders and those Wein cells in the Minolta don't last very long. But - - - - I'm having F U N ! ! ! !

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jmccl@yahoo.com View Post
    I got to reminiscing with myself about the camera I bought in the PX in Seoul in '66 and decided to shop ebay for one. Ordered a supposedly perfect camera ($10 + shipping), then decided I should look up a film source. I'm from the US, so I looked for Kodak and came upon a Kodak Retina 1a for $40. I just had to have this ikon of American engineering and precision manufacturing. (ready, fire, aim). After I purchased, I researched to learn that the top end Kodaks were actually manufactured in Germany. Well, I have the German/American camera and have had the pleasure of running a few rolls of B&W as well as color, so I'm happy about that acquisition. Meanwhile, the Minolta HiMatic 7s I ordered was non functional, got money back, tried again, another non-functional, repeat. (slow learner) So I took the 3 dogs to a local camera geek who refurbed the best one for me and now I have a pretty good shooter. Last month, I saw a fellow on the APUG site selling a Zeiss Ikonta 6X9 which I just could not resist. It's hidden in the back of my camera drawer right now because sweetie (unbeknownst to her) is giving it to me for Christmas. So, I now have 2 German RF folders and one Japanese RF. I have to use my DSLR (Sony Alpha 550) for my light meter. No meters in the folders and those Wein cells in the Minolta don't last very long. But - - - - I'm having F U N ! ! ! !

Jim
    Jim has the early stages of a mega-infection of GAS1. He does not know that the FORCE OF GAS is impossible to resist. May the powers above have mercy on his financial state!

"The Force of GAS impossible to resist! One with the Force one must give in to and become! - Yoda, from the movie "Star Wars XLVIII"

1 GAS is defined as Gadget Acquisition Syndrome
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin