Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,270   Online: 1055

Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 12525657585960616263646566676872 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received my M3 + 50 Summicron DR last night and it's gorgeous!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Put in what I thought was a silly bid <£50 for a Retina IIIC (big C) and won it! came today, and it's very, very tidy. Almost unmarked cosmetically, snappy shutter on all speeds, unmarked glass, and everything working including the meter. I've whipped the front off the shutter and carefully added a microscopic amount of lube to the pivots (which helped my IIc no end), lightly greased the rack and helical, and it's all pretty smooth. OK, so it's GAS! but I'm very pleased. A companion for my IIc.

It's nice enough that I might eventually even send it away to Chris Sherlock for a proper CLA (he had my IIIS for re-stringing a year or so back)

I really like the folding Retina's- they are a practical pocket camera (if a little heavy)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Retina IIIC.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	65350

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Your most recent RF purchase

Nailed another Olympus XA. The one I have seems to be one of the sharpest lenses I've used in 35mm however rewind knob is cracked and flash shutter speed is off so am hopeful "new" one has as good a lens.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My most resent purchase, a lens converter. It lets me use my Canon SLR MF lenses on my rangefinder LTM bodies. A bit pricy, and you have to use zone focusing but what the hey. New life to old lenses!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robin View Post
    My most resent purchase, a lens converter. It lets me use my Canon SLR MF lenses on my rangefinder LTM bodies. A bit pricy, and you have to use zone focusing but what the hey. New life to old lenses!
    Where did you find a LTM adapter? I've seen lots of others only converting to m mount. I'd like a Nikon to ltm adapter to use my 14mm lens on both my ltm and m mount rangefinders. And if you don't mind me asking how much was it?

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    It's called the Canon Lens Converter B. Adapts Canon FD to LTM. If you found the rare Nikon to Canon FD converter (Canon Lens Converter N), you could stack the two to achieve what you mention, including the LTM-M mount converter.

There is a Lens Converter N on the big auction site for $325 buy-it-now.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ah that's quite an expensive route lol. I guess they don't make new versions of those adapters. I was planning to use my 14mm Ais lens on a ltm body. There is an ai to Leica m mount for about $40 though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Nailed another Olympus XA. The one I have seems to be one of the sharpest lenses I've used in 35mm however rewind knob is cracked and flash shutter speed is off so am hopeful "new" one has as good a lens.
    I too just scored an XA. 4 dollars on a flee market, with flash and case, and it even seems in perfect condition after putting in the batteries.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi All,

Last 4 weeks...

Minox 35GT, lost confidence due to an unexplained self-timer problem so returned to eBay seller for full refund.
    Minox 35GTE inc case & lens hood, REAL problems, missing unexposed frames, exposure way off, returned to eBay for full reund.

Finally admitted I had to spend more, bought Rollei 35 S Sonnar again from eBay, which has yet to arrive.

AND THEN... The original Minox arrived BACK to me "undeliverable" so I've contacted the seller and asked how he want to proceeed. I do LOVE the little things but know they're fragile. The near silent shutter has delivered people pictures in really quiet locations.

Anyhow, I am honestly, really, really commited to buying FILM and PROCESSING rather than cameras now. Honest.

Oh, and I do realise that none of the cameras are actualy RF. I hope the Group is OK with a "not through the lens viewing" definition.

Robert

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Picked up another Kodak Retina IIa.. Should have it in hand before the end of the week..
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin