Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,463   Online: 1138

Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 13535758596061626364656667686973 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mamiya 7 with 80 mm lens. Fantastic feel so far. First roll still in camera

Shooter
    35mm
    Picked up my first today while out and about. Retina IIc. Not hardly a mark on it. The shutter seems to work until you get below 1/30, then it wants to hang up a bit. That's the only thing I can see wrong with it, although I don't know anything about it The rangefinder seems to be on, viewfinder pretty clear, and the lens nice, clear and free of marks.

I probably overpaid at $65, but it was too cool to leave there in the condition it seems to be in.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You got a good deal. The Retina IIc (small c) model has always been a favorite among users. It uses the slightly slower f/2.8 Xenon, an excellent lens.

The shutter should be serviced. Nothing out of the ordinary for a camera from the 1950s. Anything mechanical that's 60+ years old should be serviced.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wife grabbed another at an estate sale for me. A Kodak Signet 80 with the field case and 35mm and 90mm lenses, as well as some filters and a hood. Really clean and functional, except where the guy engraved his driver's license number on the back--uggg. I went back and looked for the Multi-frame viewfinder for the two accessory lenses, but alas it wasn't there. I guess I'll need to hunt one down or try to wing the FOV.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Watching the mail for a 18 dollar Yashica MG-1, need parts for another one. Last cheap one worked great, gave it to my grandson.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Inherited my dad's Petri 7s Cricle-eye a few years ago and kind of got hooked on RF I think.
    Got a Bessa L with 21mm f/4 Skopar (ok, technically it's not an RF if it doesn't have a Range Finder, hush), just took it on a trip to Melbourne and back along the Great Ocean Road. Scanning the Velvia now and all I can say is Wow.

Still hanging out for a Bessa R3A and 90/2.8 Tele Elmarit (or CV 40/1.4) at an affordable price.
    And I should get a Retina one day, to match all those lenses I bought that *weren't* the SLR-adaptable ones (although the ones that were, like the 135/4 on my EOS 3 made some nice street shots...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Woo, that was easy, snagged a Bessa R3A off ebay last night. May not have been the best bargain, they're so rare around there it's hard to know what a good price is. Also just got a Canon LTM 135/3.5 from the Classifieds here.
    Can't wait to try it out on the streets...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just picked up a Yashica Electro GT for $5. It looks clean but the photos showed some corrosion in the battery chamber, hopefully when it arrives I'll be able to clean it up and have it working in no time.
    If I can't do that, can anyone recommend a Yashica service guy?
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just picked up a nice Zorki 1b with Industar 22 lens..
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    I just picked up a Yashica Electro GT for $5. It looks clean but the photos showed some corrosion in the battery chamber, hopefully when it arrives I'll be able to clean it up and have it working in no time.
    If I can't do that, can anyone recommend a Yashica service guy?
    Best of luck:
    http://www.camerarefurb.com/Services.htm
    Andy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin