Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,972   Online: 752

Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 18586263646566676869707172737478 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Yashica GSN

Picked it up cheap with a non-working mercury battery, probably the one it came with new. Looks completely cherry. Jury rigged a 6v lithium battery into it with some o-rings, a nylon spacer and a brass bolt, and it has a roll of Fuji Xtra 400 in it, which I'll probably finish up tomorrow. Hoping the lens is as sharp as I've read. It and my Minolta 7s are having a nice conversation as I write this. :-)
    Last edited by ulysses; 06-15-2013 at 10:55 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A camera strap and a cylindrical grip to hold the Widelux from the bottom. Thus avoiding getting fingers in the edge of the photograph.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Today I got an Olympus 35 RC. I'd read the reviews ages ago, but wasn't really looking seriously despite most of them coming down on the side of 'legendary' for the lens and functions. But then today at a car boot sale I saw an horrible mouldy little pouch that I assumed would contain a plastic 35mm P&S, but inside was a very good 35 RC. No battery in it, but the manual speeds seemed OK, so I risked buying it. Getting it home I sprayed it with glass cleaner and rubbed with a cloth to tidy up the cosmetic's, replaced the light seals, and put in a new battery, and it works! The lens is immaculate, and I think the filter that was on it must have been on all its life because the ring had taken some hard knocks, but it did a good job of protecting the front element. What a cute little camera, for £1!

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 250swb View Post
    Today I got an Olympus 35 RC. ...... <snip>

Steve
    The 35RC was my first "serious" camera while still in school. I loved it and the results it produced (not necessarily from an aesthetic point of view though) Sometimes I go back to print one of the negatives (over 40 years old) and am amazed with the quality of the lens. Enjoy your new acquisition!
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Bought an egg crate of stuff from a gent on Craigslist, after I got it all home I found an extra pouch that I hadn't opened up. It was one of those flimsy Time/give-away 35mm plastic camera pouches, so I didn't expect anything else, but there was an Elmar 50 from 1940 and a decent shape NOOKY.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now that is a good find. I just hope you had a camera to go with it though!

I get the sense that film cameras are now on their second trip around at flea markets and boot sales. The first few years of the digital revolution people still using film snapped up the good stuff, but now they have in turn given in to digital. So you may need gloves to handle those mouldy bags but the contents can be surprising, and cheap.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Steve, I've got a Canon VT, and the Elmar is a nice travel option compared to the 50mm f/1.2 that came with the VT!

Surprisingly, I've since found a slip-on UV filter for the Elmar and a SOOMP hood for Summar in the set as well. Deal just keeps getting better and better.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've lately been upgrading my rangefinders with some filters, hoods, and straps. The improvements should aid my efforts . .. ... hopefully.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bronica RF645 65mm lens..

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Bronica RF645 65mm lens..
    Congratulations!
    I have a RF645 myself for several years now and it's a very nice camera with beautiful lenses.
    If you like wide angle, there is also a nice 45 mm f/4 lens for this camera.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin