Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,443   Online: 1199

Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ... 21616566676869707172737475767781 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another Leica M-3:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00360.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	339.1 KB 
ID:	72391
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    35mm
    Konica Auto s2 and an Olympus Auto Eye II. Both are swell. I would really love a Canon 7 or a Voigtlander Bessa.
    Don't let your photos grow up to be JPEGs. Print your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another Konica C35:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00361.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	317.0 KB 
ID:	72398
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

another

Rollei 35S, but getting the "why don't you ever sell any of these" from the wife

David;-)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've picked up 2 Voigtlander Vitessa T cameras recently.
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    35mm
    Just bought a Leica M6 and I have not had a chance to try it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format

My First Zeiss camera, a Contessa 35

The Contessa has arrived, I'm waiting for the film from the freezer to warm up enough to load. KEH had rated the camera as EX, but the use it had received since the early '50s looks minimal. I'd guess it had been kept in an everready case based on the marks in the wind knob where the case's rewind knob would engage. A few tiny paint chips, essentially no chrome damage, the leather is undamaged, even the "Contessa" on the door is intact. Amazingly the tripod socket cover is still there. I'd have expected that to have disappeared.

If it had the original packaging, etc, I could imagine it as having been used for store demonstrations.

Viewfinder/rangefinder is clear and bright, the lens is spotless, the shutter sounds about right at 1 sec, so the other speeds should be about right. Mirabile dictu, the exposure meter responds, although I think its lost some sensitivity.

The feeling of quality of the Contessa is impressive. Better than my Retina IIIc, comparable to the Vitessa L. I wonder what new cameras are made to this standard of fit and finish. Leica?

In any case I almost feel that I am now a curator of a piece of history and have a responsibility to use it wisely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thursday postman delivered a Samoca 35 LE with working meter. Have already started a roll of film through it. The double stroke film advance will take some getting use to, viewfinder seems bright enough and focus patch will work. Was not able to find a lot of information on the web, and a few comments about its so so lens to it has a great lens. Anyone ever use one, would be interested in your take on the camera?

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format

French manufactured Lumiere

Prior to visiting France, found this 1937 vintage 6X9 folder on e-bay-france and had it shipped to a friend in France. I arrived in France Aug 21 and picked up the camera at my friend's house. The camera was a family heirloom that from my inspection is in pristine condition. Bellows looks to be light tight, apperture adjusts smoothely, and limited shutter speeds (100, 50, 25) seem right. There is a funny characteristic in the focus; after 8 meters there is a red dot. When adjusting past the red dot, there is a light resistance to advance to infinity. Anybody got a clue what that tactile feed back might indicate? There is another unique feature to this camera; nestled in the bellows chamber there is a shutter release plunger in a spring loaded keeper.

I cleaned the front and rear outer lens surfaces, but I can still see some little dirt spots which I guess are on the inner surfaces. They will stay and contribute whatever character they add to the image.

I shall attempt to capture some iconic French landmarks with this vintage French camera. Then, . . . . . . ?
    Last edited by jmccl@yahoo.com; 08-25-2013 at 04:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A Leica M6TTL more than a year ago, dont need anything else.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin