Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,655   Online: 767

Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28687273747576777879808182 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The last rangefinder I bought was a Voigtlander Vito B about 5 months ago.
    More recently I've inherited my brothers (Andy K) camera collection which included a Zorki 4K, a Canon Canonet QL17 and another 2 Voigtlanders. A Vito CLR and a Bessa R3M.
    i just need to decide now which ones to keep. In all including MF & SLR's he left 17 cameras & unfortunately I don't have the room for them all. I will however test each one & view the results before I make my mind up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Electro 35 GT, Canon P and a Nicca 3S in the past 6 weeks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yashica Lynx-5000. I really like it, got it at goodwill, $14. Light meter still works (with a hearing aid battery). I might keep it, it's a lot of fun.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Recently, I picked up the Canonet QL17 (two of them), a Minolta Hi-Matic F, an Olympus 35 RC and Rollei XF 35.

I am very impressed with the build quality of the Canonet, but was disappointed by the massive amount of foam in it. Plus, the foam degraded, causing some deterioration of the black paint on the camera's interior.

The Minolta is a small camera with ZERO information in the viewfinder. I need to figure out a battery solution (it uses two fat cells that are no longer available).

The Olympus - have one already. They are lovely little cameras.

The Rollei, as much as I like the brand, is of dubious quality. This is my third and is the best of the XF 35s that I've owned. At least, the rangefinder on this one doesn't fall out of calibration when I put the camera on a table.

Shooter
    35mm
    Zeiss Contax 11a, followed swiftly by a Helios F1.8

Shooter
    Medium Format
    AGFA Record III with Apotar lens to go with my Solinar example. Bought last summer from eBay. Glad I grabbed it. Their prices are climbing higher and higher every time a decent one comes available...

As good RF cameras are getting quite dear now, I've set my sights on non-RF cameras and use the human rangefinder, which weighs almost nothing and is accurate too. Here's the tool to make your own. http://tomchuk.com/misc/rf/

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently purchased a very nice Nicca made Tower lllS Barnack copy. I also bought a Voigtlander 75/2.5 Color Heliar in Leica thread for my Canon P.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a chastening thought that my only range finder camera is a Zeiss Contax with the 1.5 cm Sonnar lens that my dad bought in Germany in 1945 at the end of WW11, I have had it serviced a couple of times since he gave me it in 1953, it got me started in serious photography, and I still use it.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 02-03-2014 at 10:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A beautiful Cosina Voigtländer Color Skopar 28 mm f/3.5 in chrome ...
    I bought this "back" after I sold my original one a while ago... just perfect for a compact travel outfit...
    Photon Counter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I added a Voigtländer 25/4.0 in L39 with viewfinder to my previous order.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin