Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,237   Online: 902

Shooter
    Large Format

New Camera! Bessa R2

New to me that is.
    It is a "green" body with a Heliar 50mm f2 lens. I am getting use to focusing with the rangefinder,and will process a couple of rolls shot with it tonight or tomorrow. It is very different than what I usually use (4x5, medium format and a Nikon D200).
    My supervisor at work has been "working" on me to get into 35mm rangefinders (he has Lecias). The 15mm lens looks tempting!
    Michael

"I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to the club Michael and yes the 15 is amazing!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think Cosina's Bessa cameras are a great way to get into rangefinders. They're simple to use, because the loading and handling is based on Cosina's experience as an SLR maker.

They have excellent viewfinders. And the R2 feels much more sturdy than the R. Plus, it can use either M-mount or LTM lenses with an adapter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by msage View Post
    New to me that is.
    I am getting use to focusing with the rangefinder,and will process a couple of rolls shot with it tonight or tomorrow.
    Same here. Picked-up a used Bessa R3M 250th Anniversary edition (Black) with
    50mm f2 Heliar about a week or so ago. I was gonna start shooting with it today, but I forgot to pull film out of the fridge last night So, I'll have to start playing with it tomorrow.

I did have a camera tech take a quick look at it to determine if it was out of alignment. It is slightly out of vertical alignment but won't know how far out until I start shooting.

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good for you. IIRC, the vertical alignment is an easy fix at home. Google - and www.rangefinderforum.com - are your friends ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    It is slightly out of vertical alignment but won't know how far out until I start shooting.
    If what you focus on is aligned horizontally, the negative will be in focus. Vertical alignment is only for eye relief. Regardless and as stated above, it is an easy fix.
    Daniel.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin