Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,267   Online: 1007

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Agfa Optima 200 Sensor

I have recently acquired an Agfa Optima 200 Sensor camera.

First time I have ever seen one, I don't think they were ever sold in Australia, although I could be quite wrong.

The camera itself appears to work wonderfully, although I haven't put a roll of film through yet.

The reason I haven't is simple, the wind on lever is also the re-wind lever, after actuating a lever on the front of the camera. The problem is that I cannot move this lever, therefore I will not be able to re-wind the film.

I don't think the camera is broken, in fact it is in pristine condition and was owned by my late father in-law (in Germany).

I don't wish to use force, but I'm wondering if there is any little trick to pushing then lifting the little lever under the lens, so that re-winding can be actuated.

I have the original manual, which is in German, but I worked things out with the pictures and some help from my wife.

I tried searching the forums, I'm not sure if it's me, but I couldn't get the search feature to function correctly.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mick:

Does opening the back reset the lever?

Is there a button on the bottom that will reset the lever?

Have you seen this page?:

http://mike-abner.com/collection.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt, yes I have seen that page, my camera looks in brand new condition compared to that one.

The real problem is that the little lever which requires pushing towards the lens then upwards, won't budge.

Not wishing to force it, unless I have to, I was really wondering if there was any little tricks or quirks that this particular camera and particular lever may have.

I'm beginning to believe that it may just be jammed from sitting on a shelf in the lounge for the last 30 odd years.

I cannot see how there is a reset button inside, I believe the reset button is actually under the lever.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to all that responded, there were more than a few who pm'd or emailed me directly, bit surprising actually.

After a bit of deliberation and instructions from someone who actually owns one, I pushed in the correct direction with a fair bit more force than I normally would, then with a slight noise the lever moved.

I was then able to see the rather unique situation of the wind on lever, situated on the underside of the camera, winding the film winder thingy backwards, with the frame counter, also on the underside, going backwards as well.

Very interesting little camera. I'll be running a roll or two through inside a week.

Mick.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin