Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,818   Online: 799

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Murray View Post
    It's a really fun little camera. Thanks for the help!
    You're very welcome. Hope it works out.

I picked up mine in almost perfect condition from another APUG subscriber ('davela' - an excellent seller) for a very reasonable price. I had never used any rangefinder before. It has since become my favorite 35mm camera. In fact, my current entry for the Blind Print Exchange #12 was made using it.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    well just my luck. got all the stuff and today the shutter stopped working. I called the nippon photo clinic and they told me to buy another camera. not worth fixing. Too late to send it back and I already gave positive feedback. It was working fine when I got it. Probably just dumb luck. I think i'm done with ebay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try this...

Set the unloaded camera near a source of heat and gently allow the lens barrel to warm up. When moderately warm to the touch, try running through all of the shutter speeds, including 'B'. Then try all of the other functions, such as aperture, shutter, focus, self-timer, film speed, film advance, rangefinder, etc.

If the shutter and/or other functions show a noticeable improvement, then let the camera cool back down to room temperature. Try everything again. If the camera mostly reverts back to its previous state, then it's a pretty good bet that the 30- to 40-year old lubricants have stiffened and simply need to be replaced.

If all of the camera's functions work correctly when warm, then nothing is truly broken and you have a good camera that only needs a CLA, with emphasis on the 'L'. My current understanding is that this service runs in the neighborhood of US$80-100. It would be up to you if that was worth it. But if you really like the camera...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah, at first the camera was firing a few seconds after pressing the button and this was outside in the cold. When I got to the subway it started working again fine. Then a little while later on the subway I checked it and it wasn't firing at all. It still isn't firing at all on any setting and it's definitely warmed up. Maybe something snapped inside.

Shooter
    35mm
    I found a couple of 48mm uv filters for my Canonet. Never noticed any difference in my meters readings. I will have to check it out. I want to buy some more filters for the canonet. So B&H has the 48 to 49mm step up rings? I'll check it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin