Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,773   Online: 817

West Coast of the South Island, New Zealand
    Shooter
    35mm

HELP! Battery fix for Olympus 35ED

Have just purchased an Olympus 35ED in good condition, although was sold 'as is' because there were no batteries in it :-(

Researched on the web before buying and general consensus was that 675 style hearing aid batteries with a bit of aluminum foil 'padding' works to get the camera up and running again....

Tried this last night, but for the life of me I can't get it to work! I made sure the batteries were joining with the camera contacts, and there was no 'wiggle' room - but nothing...

Anyone else had experience with getting batteries to work in the 35ED? What's your process/workaround? Am I doing something wrong... or do I just have a dud camera?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    675 hearing aid batteries in adapters for that purpose.

I got mine from Jon Goodman - search "interslice" on eBay.

I have no connection with him - just a satisfied customer.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Place two LR44 cells in the two battery slots and fill them up with some aluminium foil. Make sure battery contacts are clean and to be on the safe side clean them with some white vinegar. It should work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 35ED came with two PC640A alkaline batteries fitted, one of them upside down which is why the camera didn't work! Having fitted them properly it now seems to, although I haven't yet run a film through it to be certain the metering is correct. PC640As are quite easy to find I think.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For single stack use, a #9 rubber o-ring around the battery works well and you could try that with two o-rings which should work with the o-rings positioned correctly. Cheaper than anything you can purchase.-Dick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps I should add that the PC640A cells fit exactly in the holder.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin