Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,504   Online: 943

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    When I handle FED, I wish it was a Leica. The Kiev 4 is far enough away from the Leica that it stands on its own.

I like the images I get out of it. The ergonomics are okay with me. I do wish it was slightly smaller though - and that speeds 1/50th and slower worked. If I keep shooting it, the camera will likely go in for a CLA at some point as other than the speed issue, it is a pleasure to use.

Its interesting. The Leica feels like a street camera - agile, subtle, etc while the Kiev 4 feels like more of a slower paced precision machine. Not sure why exactly, perhaps the focusing wheel?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebrot View Post
    Henry...Thanks for the link. I found a couple of other references for similar approaches and plan on using the modified spool for my next roll. The Kontur finder is pretty cool too. The only problem is finding one at a reasonable price I have the Jupiter-12 35/2.8, but have not been using it for lack of a finder.

Steve
    you can try building a finder from 35mm compact, i can't tell about the quality (haven't use a real one) but it's cheap and accurate.
    I'll try to post some picture and links (i think you can find some instruction on zorkikat fed survival site)

Shooter
    35mm
    You can also built a do-it-yourself viewfinder from a trashed disposable camera; refer to Zorkikat for the details, and the finder is free!

With best regards,

Stephen

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

Zeiss did a 28mm to 138mm finder preWWII the FSU copies it and the origonal or copy are pretty good, about the same $ as a Kiev lens for the copy.

It is almost usable with glasses.

Noel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like my 4a just fine after I got the usual light leaks fixed. Good lenses, great rangefinder, and I like the focus wheel, easy to handle when using the Contax grip.

Shooter
    35mm
    I love my Kiev 4A. I love the weight, the way it looks, and the *shunck* sound of the shutter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin