Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,674   Online: 1179

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you, gentlemen.

BP: I think a deep-focus one would work in a different way. I did this version with front focus to help the dock fade deeply into the fog.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would make great prints.

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, dances. Someday it will get printed. Hoping to set up some enlarging kit in the spring.

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfish4570 View Post
    Thank you, gentlemen.

BP: I think a deep-focus one would work in a different way. I did this version with front focus to help the dock fade deeply into the fog.
    I understand what you want to do, but I don't see it working for this photo. The fog is not really visible in this photo. The first photo is the only one that really shows the fog. And it's a great photo. Very eerie and atmospheric and vintage looking.

However, having the shallow DoF on this image just results in most of it being blurry. If the fog was dense enough to fade out the rear of the dock on it's own, that would be one thing, but I don't think that shows in this photo.

But damn, the fog in that first photo...*thumbs up on that*

Third photo in first post is also very good.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, bp. I might shoot that dock with some deep focus the next good fog, which may be saturday morning.

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I look forward to seeing it, Paul. Make sure to post it in this thread so I don't have to search for it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul - Very nice work. I have also enjoyed your postings in the apug gallery -- you have a very good eye and give the viewer an interesting perspective of your local area. Good luck with the darkroom build.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wow. Thanks much ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin