Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,576   Online: 1213

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    I wonder if your profession is a teacher? Just curious.
    You're not too far wide of the mark. I'm a university employee, but not on the teaching/lecturing staff. Most of my career has been in communication engineering, specifically satellite broadcasting and TV, but for the four years since that came to an end I've been sidelined (not by choice) into a form of IT, as it was too expensive for the organisation to get rid of me and there was too much riding on the pension for me to want to go!
    Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    You do understand I hope that the "I feel so hurt" comment was said with tongue fully in cheek.
    I understand that. The (non) smiley face was a clue!

The times I have used a solicitor I have been more than happy to pay for their services. However, this has only been a few times buying and selling houses.

The thing which annoys me every time I move house is the fact that I pay the estate agent twice as much as I pay the solicitor.

Estate agents handle house sales on a percentage basis whereas I think it should be a flat fee as the (little) amount of work they do is the same regardless of house value.

There. I've upset all the estate agents now!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin