Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,201   Online: 785

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

I Forget What They Are Called!

The little film cartridge holders that one would affix to the neck strap...can you still get them?

Shooter
    Large Format

Film-Carrying Bandoliers

Styled after the belts with loops for carrying small arms ammunition and other tools, camera strap bandoliers (sometimes “bandoleers”) with elastic loops for 35mm film canisters were once common on camera straps, photographer’s field vests, and inside camera bags.

The bandoliers were also sold as add-ons to existing straps and held to the strap with snap fasteners. Due to the shift to digital cameras they’re not available except used, or possibly, as old, unsold stock.

You can make your own by purchasing the elastic fabric bands from a sewing materials supplier like Jo-Ann Fabrics and sewing the banding into loops attached to a camera strap or wherever they're wanted.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Something spring-loaded for 120 rolls would be good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think what the Op means are the black vinyl round cases the size and shape of a cassette with a zip round the top that Kodak used to make that fastened on a camera neck strap, I remember them from twenty odd years ago but I don't know if they are still made.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Look for a zippered nylon bag with a snap clip probably in a camping supply and for sure in the Container Store in their travel section. It will clip on to a belt loop. some are water-proof and they are more versatile because they are not limited to a film size plus you can put other stuff in as well.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I remember them -- I may even have a leather one somewhere in the back of a closet -- but I suspect they have gone extinct. In a quick look I didn't find an example, but I wonder if a variety of pouch for a cell phone or the smallest P&S cameras might work. Most such pouches are designed with a loop for a horizontal belt, but if they have a secure closure, they could be threaded on a camera strap at 90º. I used to have a camera strap that had elastic loops built in for 35mm canisters, but it struck me as not too secure for traipsing around the woods and fields.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/350234...Strap?sc=24100

I am hoping that Santa is going to bring me one this year.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I think what the Op means are the black vinyl round cases the size and shape of a cassette with a zip round the top that Kodak used to make that fastened on a camera neck strap, I remember them from twenty odd years ago but I don't know if they are still made.
    I see them sometimes in the rummage bins in camera stores (we actually still have some of those around).
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks-guess I will search around for used ones!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 35mm one with the zipper you can have for the cost of shipping-about $2.
    PM me if you want it.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin