Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,858   Online: 945

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kfleming View Post
    You are out of luck regarding developing if Kodachrome. Dwayne's, the last lab in the world developing Kodachrome film, shut down its developing line for the film at midnight on December 31st. The news stories said the equipment will be sold for scrap--and the stories also correctly described it as the end of an era.

Keith
    I know.

It figures that I would take out a just finished roll of Kodachrome on it's absolute last day of developing history. I read that if it was not on his counter by 12:30 P.M. that day that anyone that needed it developed was completely out of luck.

This might sound strange, but when I think back to my childhood in the early to mid 1960's I remember daylight in colors similar how this film would show them.

Kodachrome will be missed, I am sure.

I did find this link:

http://www.ralphdickinson.com/proces...odachrome.html

to develop it in B&W chemicals with a little longer development time as monochrome images, so if I find any unused canisters in the old photography boxes I might give it a try.

Does anyone know if there is an extra film layer that will need to be removed after developing if I try this?

Thanks Cromlech for the video, I appreciate it. Pretty simple really, and also I got a chance to zero the camera back to 3 feet.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
    Thanks Cromlech for the video, I appreciate it. Pretty simple really, and also I got a chance to zero the camera back to 3 feet.
    Wonderful, and you're welcome!

Personally, I may take my argus with me if i ever use a folding camera, just for accuracy reasons.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have developed K25 in Diafine and was able to get images. You end up with a B&W negative, with a bunch of inky black goop on it that comes off easy with light finger pressure after the final wash.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin