Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,462   Online: 1124

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Chocolate-Chip Leica - Not for the faint of heart

OK all you Leica collectors out there. Rev-up those checkbooks.

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...ion-leica.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Like some of the commenters; I checked for a April 1st date on that.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "...thus, anyone acquiring one of these highly desirable cameras on the aftermarket will be able to see almost literally at a glance that their camera has never been degraded by any picture-taking activity."

DEGRADED BY ANY PICTURE-TAKING ACTIVITY??

Even if this is a joke (and my money says it must be), sadly the above attitude by collectors is not. And the ripple effect from that attitude keeps many Leica cameras out of the hands of people who just might have produced some fine work using them.

Does this mean that if a buyer lives in a warm climate the camera must be stored in the freezer?

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 12-30-2010 at 03:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of course it's a joke, and a very funny one at that. A good, light-hearted dig at all the silliness.
    Wouldn't you just hate to go to look at your precious investment one day and find ants had dis-covered it?
    Last edited by lxdude; 12-30-2010 at 05:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe you could just bake a new covering, in case your kids got hungry, or you get the munchies during a long session of making pictures with it;

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/se...e_recipe.jhtml

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Maybe you could just bake a new covering
    Yeah, and why stop at cookies? How about turning a Leica into a Brownie camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sure its meant to be satire.

Someone looked at that brown Ostrich leather and said: "hmm ... looks just like chocolate chip cookies."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Given some people's devotion to Leica, I'd say this one puts the "edible" in incredible.

I'm sure some see it as a half-baked idea.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Even if this is a joke (and my money says it must be), sadly the above attitude by collectors is not. And the ripple effect from that attitude keeps many Leica cameras out of the hands of people who just might have produced some fine work using them.
    These collectible cameras bring Leica considerable capital that they can then use to develop cameras for more serious shooters or recoup costs incurred in development of recent products.

For such a small company, Leica recently released a good number of products with more promised for the near future; the M9 followed by several new M lenses, an entirely new S system consisting of a new medium format digital body and an entire line of lenses, a new X line developed in-house, and there is a new line of cine lenses arriving soon.

I often find some of these collectible cameras embarrassing and ridiculous but they do serve a purpose at Leica.
    "Oui, non, oui, non, OUI!" - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Fernando Gomes Semedo (aka Nando) - flickr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sweet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin