Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,547   Posts: 1,573,008   Online: 860

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

What would be a Resonable price for Leica iiif that needs a CLA

Hello everyone,

I was thinking of selling my cosmetically good Leica iiif with Canon 1.8 50mm but the Leica does need a CLA as the lower shutters do not fire accurately although the 1 second does work. Top shutters all fine, and I would sell it with 3 Leica Cartridges.

I don't use this camera much I will be going large format and I use my Bronica all the time, I do have another 35mm if I wanted to shoot it but I really do prefer bigger formats.

But what would a reasonable price be to ask for this camera?

Paul

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It depends if the IIIf is a black dial or a red dial. If the numbers on the flash synch dial below the shutter dial are black, then the camera is a black dial. If they are red, then its a red dial. The later red dials are more desirable. Does it have a self-timer? Based on the information here, I'd say $200 for a black dial or $300 for a red dial factoring in $100-200 for the repair.

There were two types of Canon 50mm f/1.8. An earlier Canon/Serenar chrome lens and a later model with a black focusing ring. I don't think there is much difference between the two types in terms of pricing. Price would depend on condition more than anything else. I'd probably ask $150 for the lens if it signs of age but was well cared for and in good working condition.

The market in the UK is a bit different than in the US and in Canada where I live. I find that Leicas generally command a bit more money in the UK.
    "Oui, non, oui, non, OUI!" - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Fernando Gomes Semedo (aka Nando) - flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently paid 200 for a 'red dial' in mint condition.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin