Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,629   Online: 1087

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Of course, there is another alternative, half-frame cameras. But then you would want76 or 78 exposures.
    Or 156 with that Ilford film.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There's always the Leica 250: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leica_250_Reporter If you can find one anyway...

With my M3 & III I always roll the leader onto the takeup spool, close the bottom cover, and take two shots with the cap on to get to 0. After all this, I am guaranteed 37 shots without any frames cut in half from loading exposure. If I did it in a darkroom or changing bag, I feel I could easily get to 39.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to like long rolls, but now I like short rolls. I use 120 film on my RB67 which uses 10 expourses, which is more enough for me.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you load your own film, you can attach the spool to the bulk film roll in the dark, assemble the catridge and put it into place, shut the lid, and turn the lights on (optional) That way you can shoot as far in as the camera will let you. I never saw a need to cheat more than 37ish shots on a roll, just bring more rolls of film if the event requires more shooting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agree, I like the RB67's 10 pictures per roll. Load it, shoot it, lick it, stick it, done. I can shoot it all in one short session instead of thinking of things to do for the rest of a 135-36 roll.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    If you load your own film, you can attach the spool to the bulk film roll in the dark, assemble the catridge and put it into place, shut the lid, and turn the lights on (optional)
    Why use cartridge at all? You could probably get at least a couple more frames with the space taken up by the cartridge metal. Has anyone actually loaded using only the spool?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Agree, I like the RB67's 10 pictures per roll. Load it, shoot it, lick it, stick it, done. I can shoot it all in one short session instead of thinking of things to do for the rest of a 135-36 roll.
    For me it is the Mamiya 7, but the same rules apply. I can run through several rolls of 120 and end up with more pictures taken than with 35mm. Not really sure why that is, but it is.

Shooter
    35mm
    Best i've managed so far was 40 shots from a roll of 36 with my Olympus 35RC.

Shooter
    35mm
    40 in an Oly 35RC, eh? There's a challenge, I wonder if I can squeeze 41...
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Depends how conservative you are with the film leader when loading. I tend to insert, wind on until flat and taught, close the back, then wind on two and the third for taking. Still get 37 or so.
    Didn't film leaders become shorter once the industry stopped favouring rangefinders for SLRs, maybe early 80s? Seem to remember very long leaders when I started out mid 70s. The gears on an old Zenit could pull film out the cassette no problem, that should make 40 frames so long as you have a changing bag!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin