Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,683   Online: 744

Shooter
    35mm RF

Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 ... interesting news

If you go to the Voigtlander website you'll see that the 35mm F1.2 has been discontinued. As soon as word got out, I had people asking for one. The distributor has none and neither does the factory. However I did receive this interesting email back from the factory. It mentions a new version in the future.

This is main part of the email.....
    " We would like to draw your attention that the aspherical lens element used for Nokton F1.2/35mm is no more available and due to this we had to decide the discontinuation of this model because we can not produce. Now we are working on to develop modified Nokton F1.2/35mm Type-II using new type of aspherical lens. We aim to start the shipping of Type-II version from early summer in 2011. Please note that discontinued model has been out of stock. So we would like to ask you to do without 1.2/35mm till modified Type-II is produced."

I just thought you might want to know.
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ask them to make this one smaller.

-Laura

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A 35/1.2 eh? Sounds good
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Ask them to make it smaller. LOL. Like I have a say in this.
    -rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    interesting. is that a rare earth issue? who makes their glass? looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Seems quite logical...
    Except the Apo Lanthar 90/3.5 (Marsh 2001), that 35mm Nokton was the oldest VC lens still availabe. It was presented in May 2003.
    From 2007, VC had nearly updated all the rangefinder lenses at a rythme of 2 new model every year!!! And you can add the 2 limited eddition sets of 50mm Heliar (fabulous 3.5 and "Classic" 2.0) issued in 2009.
    Remember that mid 1999 when they presented the Super Wide Heliar 15mm (and the Bessa L) it was seen as a strange idea that even if interresting was surelly to be doomed as "dead-born" ;-)

Long live to M. Kobayashi Hirofumi !!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Inasmuch as I liked the character rendering of the nokton @ 1.2, it blocked too much of the VF for my use. A huge part of the joy of shooting RFs for me consists in the smaller form factor of the gear. Thus I do prefer the much smaller, character-filled summilux pre-asph 35 -- even with its technical 'flaws'. I do hope the v2 Nokton f1,2 is as sweet in its rendering as it is in terms of size.
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." W. Durant

flickr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I used to own one of those lenses. Nice, but it was too large for me...I don't mind heavy gear (hauled more than my share) but it's just not for me...as always, it's a personal opinion.

Did have a look all its own, and for those who like shallow DOF and bokeh, it's right up there. Thanks for passing that on, Rob.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin