Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,654   Online: 787

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually I was a bit curious about the present value of a Bessa R as well. I have an R2 coming to me and I've been trying to find a Nokton 50mm f/1.5 I happened to find one locally at one of my camera shops and it's attached to a Bessa R for a decent price. I thought to buy the kit, keep the lens and sell the body
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They seem to go for between $200 and $250. Sometimes $300 if someone on E-Bay decides they REALLY need it NOW. I shopped for probably close to two years before I "pulled the trigger" on one. They piqued my interest starting when my trusty old Leica IIIc broke, keeping me from being able to use two of my favorite lenses (Summar and Sumitar). I could get two or three Bessa Rs for what it would cost me to fix the Leica. And the Bessa R's viewfinder puts any other 35mm RF viewfinder I have ever used to shame.

I got it via APUG with a want ad. The want ad was up for some time before I got a response that was just right. It was used, but in near-new condition, for $225, I believe. That included the manual and a body cap. I put more wear on it in one or two days of shooting it than it had had in it's life before me, so I really don't think it was used for more than a few rolls by the original owner. Either that or the guy was obsessively careful with his cameras.

Oh yeah! It was black too! A definite plus for me.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting. Well maybe I'll go pick that up tomorrow and see if anyone needs a Bessa (or keep it for a backup)

Thanks for the heads up my friend.
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin