Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,232   Online: 856

Thread: Canon QL 17

Shooter
    Multi Format

Canon QL 17

I need help with the battery. I found a PX625A marking 1.5 volts, but position "A" doesn't wake up the Photometer. Anyone? I know the original one was Mercury, but I thougtht PX625A wuold do. ¿?
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The alkaline battery will give you false readings (except when it is actually delivering 1.35v) but should activate the meter just fine. Was your Canon's meter working prior to using this battery? I assume you've tested the new battery. IIRC, you can only insert the battery in one direction. Check for corrosion. Also, there is a small plastic piece designed to allow you to remove the battery; make sure that's not stuck between the battery and the contact.

(Sorry if I'm belaboring the obvious.)
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    35mm
    You don't need a battery for this camera to operate. Mine has no battery in it and I haven't bothered to try to find a replacement, since it's not worth the trouble.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    I used a hearing aid battery at 1.3 volts. It works fine, but it was a little finicky getting a good connection. I had to use some tin foil to get it in there tight.
    Steve Long

my blog: http://wayofuncertainty.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    I, uh, hate to admit this but I thought I had a meter issue with my QL17 GIII when I first got it, but it turned out I had the battery in upside down. It looked right - I swear...

Jon Goodman, the Interslice seal-kit guy on eBay and elsewhere, sells a clever battery adapter called the TriDot that converts a 675 hearing aid battery to fit the QL17 GIII. The 675 batteries are zinc-oxide so they don't have a long life (couple months, maybe) after installation, but at a buck apiece, I usually just throw in a new one for my occasional use of the Canonet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    You don't need a battery for this camera to operate. Mine has no battery in it and I haven't bothered to try to find a replacement, since it's not worth the trouble.
    I thought the same
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin