Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,642   Online: 1100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Agfa Karat service?

Any recommends as to a good service person for an Agfa Karat?
    Thanks,
    Gerry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, I just sent a Karat 36 off to Jurgen Krekel (hope I spelled that right). He has a very good reputation. His website is certo6.com.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fdfjc View Post
    Yes, I just sent a Karat 36 off to Jurgen Krekel (hope I spelled that right). He has a very good reputation. His website is certo6.com.
    Thanks for your response. I thought about Jurgen, but I just learned of Jerry Sorin who has been recommended by Eddie Smolov (now with health problem). Others who have used Jerry have given good reports of repair quality, time and cost. I contacted him last evening and his response was very quick with an estimated cost for CLA. I will probably give him a try.
    Gerry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Please post how it goes. I have several more Karats in need of cleaning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was going to recommend Steve Serota @Classic Camera workshop I here he has passed away, Steve did excellent work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please let us know how it goes, Steve was the only guy in the US I trusted for Retina work, and he used NYE synthetic lubes so you did not have worry about it getting hard or migrating causing trouble in a few years which I have experience with other repair guy.

Jay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was going to recommend Steve Serota @Classic Camera workshop I here he has passed away, Steve did excellent work.
    i hate to hear this...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin