Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,250   Online: 774

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a bit of newb question and thought I'd ask it here rather than start a new thread.

My rangefinder experience has been limited to fixed lens cameras (Fuji GS 645S and Konica Auto S2), but now I'm thinking about getting an M4-P, and I'd likely not go wider than a 28mm lens. However, if I did get a wider lens with accessory VF, would the camera rangefinder be coupled to the wider lens? Or would I have to estimate and scale focus?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love it when using hyper-focal, its much brighter and bigger.
    - Derek

I am looking for a parts Synchro Compur #00.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I like the VF's for the Mamiya 7 because I can keep em' in my pockets, compose a shot in my head and decide on whether setting up the camera is necessary. This is useful for when you are backpacking or something of that nature. Although, even just walking around, it can be useful.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundloop View Post
    I have a bit of newb question and thought I'd ask it here rather than start a new thread.

My rangefinder experience has been limited to fixed lens cameras (Fuji GS 645S and Konica Auto S2), but now I'm thinking about getting an M4-P, and I'd likely not go wider than a 28mm lens. However, if I did get a wider lens with accessory VF, would the camera rangefinder be coupled to the wider lens? Or would I have to estimate and scale focus?

Thanks.
    Most lenses wider than 28mm are coupled. Some notable exceptions are the Cosina-Voigtlander 12mm, 15mm and 25mm lenses in screw-mount and the Zeiss 15mm Distagon and Hologon in M-mount. The newer M-mount versions of the Cosina-Voigtlander lenses are coupled. You can easily scale focus with such wide lenses, however if you want to be precise, you can focus with the rangefinder and then move your eye to the external viewfinder to compose.
    "Oui, non, oui, non, OUI!" - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Fernando Gomes Semedo (aka Nando) - flickr

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    I like the VF's for the Mamiya 7 because I can keep em' in my pockets, compose a shot in my head and decide on whether setting up the camera is necessary. This is useful for when you are backpacking or something of that nature. Although, even just walking around, it can be useful.
    Yes, and I suggest the external VF can be be even one step more convenient. Pull it out of your pocket to actually compose as one would with a cine/viewing loop, without ever breaking out the camera and tripod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks so much for the information Fernando, I really appreciate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one on my Yaschica rangefinder, it works OK.

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin