Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,792   Online: 1075

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Any M with a goggled lens is a seriously heavy camera and not that enjoyable to hang from your neck all day.

The M2 seems to be very popular. I probably would go a step further and look for an M6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is another vote for an M2. I shoot mostly with 35 and 50mm lenses. Until recently, I was using a summitar 50/2.0 LTM with an adapter. I now use a Nokton 35/1.4 and a NOkton 50/1.1. The bright line rangefinder is great, I have no problems loading the film. This camera is just great.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lot's of good advice here, personally I'd go for the M4 for speed and convenience. But if you are on a budget, you would get a better deal on a good M2.
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They're all heavy but the difference in body weight is negligible. Lenses with goggles are slightly heavier but the only significantly heavier lens is the DR Summicron.
    With that said, the M2,4,4-2 IMO have the best viewfinders. .72 with three or four framelines.
    Cameras with six framelines M4P & newer are very busy. M3 .91 finder I find difficult to see the edges of the 50mm frame but it is slightly easier to focus.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin