Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,544,014   Online: 1067

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Southern California, United States of America
    Shooter
    35mm

:) !

Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    For a baby, I'd put a small diffuser on it, slight angle bounce, and shoot f/4 @ 125.

I've never done this before

I was thinking bounce flash for sure. Giving me ideas, that's dangerous.

C

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    I was thinking bounce flash for sure. Giving me ideas, that's dangerous.

C
    Go to diyphotography.net and put 'flash bouncer' in the search box and hit return. Lots of ideas to fit your needs.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm

Bessa R3a Arrived Today!

Smaller and lighter than I thought it would be.

Reading the manual now. Pretty exciting stuff. Can't wait to throw a roll of film into it and get to work, great weather today for it here in Southern California.

-C

Shooter
    35mm

My Bessa R3a

I think I now get the fascination of real rangefinders- just the tip of the iceberg though. I can already see myself strolling downtown Laguna or Newport Beaches with this around my neck and a couple rolls of film in my pocket.

That, is going to happen! And soon.

-Cheers!

Carl

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Congratulations with your new toy Carl.

May I suggest you try a soft-release? I personally find the shutter release button on my R2a (same as R3a) a bit 'deep'. The soft release solved that for me. I got mine from ebay (this one).

I also got an eveready case, the small version (VC-1) that will fit your Nokton (without hood). You can take off the top part and then you're left with a nice protective casing for the body.

Just some ideas (details can make a lot of difference).
    Last edited by sandermarijn; 02-21-2011 at 04:05 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: link mess-up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats on your new child. I remember when my son (our first) was in the oven as it were I used one roll of film the entire experience. I shot some at a picnic when my wife was first showing, a couple here and there no more then 2 at a time. I also shot some at the Ultra sound(s) and the delivery room and of Matt when he was in the nursery and with mom holding him. One camera, one roll of film and I backed the roll out carefully after every 2 shots, noted the new frame number and then put the roll in sever times, almost 15 times to do this.

So the Leica just did great with reloading the film so many times, a few of the frames were not spaced perfect, an extra sprocket or three. but it remained all caught one one roll. I processed the film and printed an 8x10 of the boy and had it in her hospital room later that evening after mom had a chance to rest. Printed others later.

Never did cut that roll of film. It's still in one piece rolled up in a sleeve. This past (2010) Christmas I gave it to my son. He and his wife were very astonished at the one roll idea. My daughter-in-law was really blown away.

So enjoy and celebrate the baby and have fun with your camera too. I love rangefinders. Really very simple and to the point.

Enjoy "DAD"

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Appreciate the congrats on the baby, and the bessa all . Got my first roll back from the lab and -

1. All my pictures were in sharp focus
    2. All were properly exposed

That is encouraging for my first real go with a rangefinder. I went out on Monday and took some early morning images of Balboa, CA... that roll is at the lab. A more "serious" attempt at some compositions. Can't wait to see those, hopefully I'll have something decent to share.

I'm very happy with the Bessa so far, totally different experience.

C

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi i'm sorry to interrupt this thread for my own question but it seems a place where a lot of people will know the answer to what I am asking. I am thinking of buying a Voigtlander camera and I can't seem to work out what I want whether it will be the R 2,3,4 and then the A or M version, what are the main differences if anyone can help me?

Thanks

Also congrats on the Baby Rush 2112!
    Minolta Autocord
    Shen Hao PTB

http://www.lewisrichards-photo.com

BA(Hons) Photographic Practice

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis-richards View Post
    ... I can't seem to work out what I want whether it will be the R 2,3,4 and then the A or M version, what are the main differences if anyone can help me?
    http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtchart2.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=lewis-richards;1143446]Hi i'm sorry to interrupt this thread for my own question but it seems a place where a lot of people will know the answer to what I am asking. I am thinking of buying a Voigtlander camera and I can't seem to work out what I want whether it will be the R 2,3,4 and then the A or M version, what are the main differences if anyone can help me?

Thanks

Firstly, there's a wealth of detailed information in the (USA) CameraQuest website. Some of it takes a bit of navigating but persevere because just about everything you need or want to know about these cameras is found there.

Second, the main difference between the A and M versions is that the M version is totally manual as far as setting shutter speed and shutter activation is concerned. If the batteries fail (never happened to me in 6 years of ownership and frankly nothing to worry about) the shutter will still fire even though the meter will not. The advantage of the A versions is they're very quick to operate
    as you only need set the aperture, focus and then fire the shutter. The disadvantage of the A version is possible but unlikely battery failure (I change them on my birthday each year and always carry a spare set - never needed them), and you can sometimes get carried away and fire the shutter before you realise you should have selected a larger aperture! The A versions can be operated in M mode, but still need live batteries.

The main difference is in the viewfinders. The R2 has a more conventional spread of frames in the viewfinder from 35mm up. The R3 has a brilliant viewfinder but only has frames for 40/50/75/90 so if you shoot wide angle you either need the R2 or R4 or use external viewfinders. The R4 is for wide angle lenses and covers 21/25/28/35/50.
    I have both R3A and R4A (plus too many other cameras) and I'm going to sell my R3A as I mostly use wide angle lenses (50 and wider) and a 90mm for which I simply fit an external viewfinder.
    If I hardly ever wanted to go wider then 35 then the R2 would have been a good compromise but I use 25 and 21 a lot when travelling.
    Hope that helps. If I wanted a one camera/one lens outfit then the R3A with the f1.4/40 Nokton that I own would be ideal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin