Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,158   Online: 1079

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Leigh Youdale for the detailed reply, I will look at the camera quest website now.
    Minolta Autocord
    Shen Hao PTB

http://www.lewisrichards-photo.com

BA(Hons) Photographic Practice

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    congratulations on your child - and your new baby.
    i have been using an m-mount bessa - the r2m - for a week and a half. i love the thing. and i bet your hands will love yours, too. i am running the cv 50/2.5 and cv 35/2.5, both very good lenses.

Southern California, United States of America
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfish4570 View Post
    congratulations on your child - and your new baby.
    i have been using an m-mount bessa - the r2m - for a week and a half. i love the thing. and i bet your hands will love yours, too. i am running the cv 50/2.5 and cv 35/2.5, both very good lenses.
    Thank you much. I'm really enjoying using mine as well. The images the 40mm Voigtlander produce at f/1.4 are magical. I really love the combo. Likely I'll get the 28mm f/2 next since I already have a very nice 28mm viewfinder for the top.

C

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Carl,

This combo is my favorite for low-light and inside photography, I have the R2M with the Nokton 40mm f/1.4 (SC Version). I found it especially suitable for picturing children and babies, when you have to focus quickly and precisely in available light, the rangefinder with a fast lens do really well the job.

Congratulations, let us know when the other baby will be there !

Regards,

Raphael

Southern California, United States of America
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Hi Carl,

This combo is my favorite for low-light and inside photography, I have the R2M with the Nokton 40mm f/1.4 (SC Version). I found it especially suitable for picturing children and babies, when you have to focus quickly and precisely in available light, the rangefinder with a fast lens do really well the job.

Congratulations, let us know when the other baby will be there !

Regards,

Raphael
    Thanks Raphael!

Which ISO film do you typically use for indoor work? I found IS0 800 to be my choice so far, and ISO 400 in a pinch.

C

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Congrats on your new camera. I've been using one version or other (R, R2a and R3a now) for the last 5 years or so as my carry around camera. A couple of observations for you.

If you bounce it around a bit (say off your car seat onto the floor), the vertical RF will go out of alignment. There is an instruction on the net somewhere on how to do this. Its not a big deal if you are halfway competent with tools. You may get an occasional irregular spacing if you try to wind too fast or use an incomplete stroke.

I've never had trouble with exposure or focusing.

Enjoy your "new wonder".

Eric
    Dad, is the lens cap suppose to be on?.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post
    Thanks Raphael!

Which ISO film do you typically use for indoor work? I found IS0 800 to be my choice so far, and ISO 400 in a pinch.

C
    Hello Carl,

I confess my indoor photos are often improvised, so the film choice is the one which is in camera at the moment

But I used for this task Agfa APX400 and Fomapan 400, with satisfying results, and even more slow films (with the drawback of some motion blur, and/or reduced depth of field).

I recently used two rolls of Neopan 1600 (exposed at 1000) in my R2M for a family event, I still have to print these negatives to see how the thing goes.

Which film are you using at 800 iso ?

Best Regards,

Raphael

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin