Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,720   Online: 966

Shooter
    Multi Format

More Info on Kodak Ektra, please...

I'm going through the collection of cameras I recently inherited. I found a Kodak Ektra in good condition.

The camera could stand a good cleaning but it is in good condition and it all seems to work. It's got 3 lenses. (35mm, 50mm and 90mm) It's got a plain leather case plus there is the larger Combination Case for it.

From my studies, I have learned that the shutters on these cameras can go bad but everything on this camera seems to be working.

I'm going to run a roll or two of film through it just to see how well it works. Plus, I just want to try it out. Yes! I'll be careful with it. When I'm done with it, I'll put it up and keep it safe. After this, I'll only take it out on occasion, either when I have an extra special reason to use it or for show. Other than that, this camera is for the collection.

I've done some research on the internet. I've read some articles at Camerapedia and places like that but there's very little details on the operational details. I do have the manual.

I hear stories of people saying that the shutters go bad. What is is about the shutters that go bad?

I suppose this camera could use a good cleaning. Who are good people to work on cameras like this?

What should I expect to pay to have the camera CLA?

Aside from the general advice, "Don't use it too often." and "Be careful when you use it," are there any operational details to watch out for? For instance, I know that you should not try to set the shutter speed unless the shutter is cocked or else you could hurt the camera. I know that you should be careful when you operate the winding lever. Use a smooth, "positive" action but be careful not to press it too hard or work it too fast.

Is there anything else you can tell me?

T.I.A!
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ken Ruth at Photography on Bald Mountain is an/the Ektra guru, I think. Maybe shoot him an email. I will be doing the same for my janky Medalist.

--nosmok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not sure if you saw this link http://www.bnphoto.org/bnphoto/KodakEktra2b.htm

Good luck
    Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin