Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,759   Posts: 1,484,005   Online: 1153

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I am sorry. I thought I stated that I am located in the U.S., specifically, northern California and I haven't found anyone locally who has even heard of the Werra let alone worked on one. I really love the camera as it is the first adjustable camera I bought when I decided I wanted to become a photographer. I couldn't afford a Leica at the time.
    Denise Libby

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have heard many good things about this place, but I have not had the chance to try them out yet. I guess I should send them something!

http://ictcamera.com/

Depending where you are, they may work for you (they are in Mountain View, CA)
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I hope that didn't come off as harsh. There are a lot of these types of requests, and at times people refuse to say where they're located.

Anyway, which model Werra do you have? Does your camera have a flat top? Or a rounded top? Meter or no meter?

Let me know if you cannot find a repair person. I have a Werra 3, and after servicing it, it has been a joy to use. I also have a very early Werra (scale focus) that needs to be serviced -- maybe this weekend.
    Last edited by elekm; 03-18-2011 at 09:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Dear elekm;
    no offense taken, as I've seen the same thing before and found it annoying too. The box it came in says Werramatic and coupled rangefinder and exposure meter which, by the way, works perfectly and in good light is as accurate as my Minolta lVF.
    Denise Libby

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just wondering if anyone has done a tear-down of the Werra(matic) shutter?
    I would like to do a proper clean as opposed to just cleaning the blades, as the shutter sticks at some speeds but not others and the camera has a bit of corrosion to varoius surfaces (body and shutter mechanism).
    Looks ok from the front side - similar to other shutter mechanisms. I haven't investigated the rear end yet, or got as far as the shutter vanes, but if anyone has any tips, let me know!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin