Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,158   Online: 810

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Looking for Visoflex III advice

I am looking at obtaining a Visoflex III and a 200mm f4 Leica rig for my M2. I wonder if anyone has some experience or horror stories about using this mix? I've done some searching of threads and there has been a little experience here.

I realize it will be a slow process to set up, (I believe one must attach the Viso, then the finder, then the lens?) frame and shoot slow objects, mostly all from a tripod. This does not sound like a hand help experience.

So questions:
    Do I need to mount the Viso III first without the finder? Then the finder and then the lens?
    Are their longer lenses out there than the 200mm and are lens adapter to be found if using longer lenses that are “screw mount” for earlier Visos?
    Is there a great resource for information on Viso use, (tele and macro)?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Been there, done that. Definitely a tripod scenario. Assembly is slow, operation is finicky, exposure determination challenging and finding all the adapters etc is frustrating. But it is fun. The results can be terrific. You'd probably be further ahead with an R series Leica ,bellows and Leica glass. Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great insight. Hope to hear more insights.
    Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd disagree with Morry,
    The viso lll uses a cam operated lock, so the unit can be installed on the camera without removing the prism.
    It is slower than using an SLR because you have to close the lens to the working stop before exposure(it's preset).
    Exposure determination is the same as using the camera without the Viso.
    Agree with Morry about having to accumulate the various combinations of adapters though. It can be frustrating just figuring out what combinations work together.
    Lenses were available in focal lengths from 65mm Macro to 560mm telephoto. Wheee!
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin